Answering the call of nature at conventions

by berten 26 Replies latest social humour

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, I for one Loved the restrooms! About four or five times during the day I would conveniently really need to go. Then I would do my business - washing my hands, checking for make-up, admiring myself in the mirrors, chatting with the other sisters about their husbands and the like. Somewhere there would come a sister in with a baby, and the little one naturally needed to be admired by me. I could easily spent half an hour in there. Multiply that by five times a day, and my conventions went by fast enough.

Viv.

• Matty
    Matty

Viv, you had mirrors in the rest room that weren't covered up by the attendants? You were lucky!

Joanna, somehow I just knew you would make an appearance on this thread!

Anyway, before they rebuilt Twickenham stadium, the gents loos were just plain disgusting, they literally had no sinks to wash you hands - gross!

By the urinals there was a tap, and every so often one of the volunteer brothers would fill a plastic washing up bowl full of the water from this tap and put it on a trestle table with paper towels and soap. All the brothers then used this water to wash their hands.

After a while this hand washing water would be absolutely gross, no decent person would even think about washing their hands in this evil soapy grey liquid, with about a billion germs per millilitre in it. Well, as a child, I always just used the tap in the corner, but only if the "bowl filler" brother wasn't watching, because on numerous occasions I was shouted at by this stupid brother for turning on the tap. "Stop that! Use this water to wash your hands young man!". Then these jumped up little Hitlers would also tell you off for using more than one paper towel! It's amazing how a person can turn into a power-crazed maniac if you give them a volunteer badge!

Ewwww!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Viv, you had mirrors in the rest room that weren't covered up by the attendants? You were lucky!
    By the urinals there was a tap, and every so often one of the volunteer brothers would fill a plastic washing up bowl full of the water from this tap and put it on a trestle table with paper towels and soap. All the brothers then used this water to wash their hands.

JESUS H CHRIST!

How many times do I need to say it.

Get the what................

This can't be such an unique situation in Belgium :-)
    I mean,did'nt you have long waiting lines at the toilets?
    Waiting in long lines unique? No, it isn't.
  • SYN
    SYN

Question: How do you know when you're in a CULT?

Answer: You find bathroom trips at large gatherings more exciting than the gathering itself.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LOL @ SYN

No, our toilets were actually quit nice, clean, lots of toilet paper and large mirrors where one could really admire oneself. We did however get a lot of advice regarding the use of the restroom. it was not considered respectful to go, whilst during a service. But it was a lot of fun in there. You would really meet everybody in the restrooms. So I would have to say it was definitely more exciting than the gathering itself....

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    But it was a lot of fun in there. You would really meet everybody in the restrooms. So I would have to say it was definitely more exciting than the gathering itself....

The only thing missing was a bar with a bartender Some of the ladies restrooms are like lounges complete with sofas.

They don't seem to be as much fun as they use to be though since the brothers decided the sisters were having a better time then they were.

• ISP
    ISP

Haha! I thought the sisters had the hard time! We always had plenty of facilities while the sisters had to queue up...long,long lines!

ISP

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Haha! I thought the sisters had the hard time! We always had plenty of facilities while the sisters had to queue up...long,long lines!
    That was and still is the one single complaint you'll hear standing in the ladies line. How men get in there faster due to the use of urinals AND toilets. WE don't pee standing next to each other

• ISP
    ISP

WE don't pee standing next to each other

Hmmm.....you could try!

ISP

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Matty--whatever do you mean?

Do I have a reputation on this site already? Damn I am getting more adept at it in my old age...

as for ISP

Hmmm.....you could try!
    He's right there are websites devoted to this...or so I hear...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit