Answering the call of nature at conventions

by berten 26 Replies latest social humour

• berten
    berten

<Rant mode on>
    The horror!
    Having to wait for up to half an hour before finally being able
    to "download" your package into an available receptable.
    (I'm trying to keep this subject somewhat clean,hence the eufemisms:-)
    When finally entering the private enclosure;you find brake marks
    from the previous "download",and the cistern still refilling so that
    flushing is impossible for the next 2 or 3 minutes,and the seat still warm.
    If you're really unlucky,you'll find the ultracheap toiletpaper roll
    (You know the kind) is nearly used up,and no replacement in sight.
    Or all the toilets for males being reserved for females and you have the
    honour of using a trenchlike system constructed in such way that you
    sat on its ledge while doing your business and using a faucet to flush,
    and if you sat near the end of the line you had the pleasure of seeing
    the products from other brothers drifting by.
    No wonder I did my best to postpone any "downloads" until home at last.
    <rant mode off>

Anyone else with toilet horror stories at JW-conventions?
    Come on don't be shy! :-)

• Sirona
    Sirona

LOL

This reminds me of someone who was giving a talk and said that "if sisters have to queue for the toilets it can really dampen their joy" - everyone burst into laughter at that one!

Sirona

• Matty
    Matty

How is it that when I get one of those coveted aisle seats, I go though the whole session without wanting to pee, but if I get a place that is about twenty seats in from the end I wanna pee straight after the opening song!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Get the out of Belgium

• Matty
    Matty

Get the what out of Belgium? What's wrong with Belgium?

Do they have those ladies with white coats sitting outside the loos that you have to give a tip to at the convention as well?

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Much to my surprise, I enjoyed being in the middle rather than the aisle. I rarly have to get up, but there was always some rather undexterous individuals attempting to climb over me in haste, while attempting to control their bladder when I sat in the aisle. I could rarly get a good day's sleep. When resting in the center of the section of notoriously uncomfortable seats, I could, after many attempts, doze off into a slumber that passed the time rather swiftly. Rarly was I awoken by the applauds of mindless drones. If I was to make an appearance at an assembly or convention, I would sit in the back/top row in the center. I would bring a thurmos full of warm milk, a blanket and perhaps a MP3 player (pretending to listen to the radio broadcast for the hearing impaired) and doze off into the bliss I wish I was enjoying at home.

The last convention I had the unfortunate "responsibility" of a "restroom maintenance engineer". I recieved an Aisle seat to better fulfill my duties. Every hour It was my duty to make my way to the appropriate unisex bathroom and ensure the level of cleanliness and needed peripherals were in stock. The majority of the day was wasted waiting in line to mop up after persons with incredibly poor aim.

• SYN
    SYN

LOL @ TruthSeeker! HEHE!

OMG, that description of the Download Parade in the first post on this thread was DISGUSTING! But at least it would help the Elders to check that the Brothers were sticking to Godly dietary habits and not eating blood, which is known for turning feces BLACK!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Get the what out of Belgium? What's wrong with Belgium?

LMAO! I should have checked it after I posted it.

Get the what f**k out of Belgium? What's wrong with Belgium?

you find brake marks
    from the previous "download",and the cistern still refilling so that
    flushing is impossible for the next 2 or 3 minutes,

I don't EVEN want to imagine how much piles up with 5 or 10 people in line.

And to think what the ladies rest room must be like. 2 or 3 min to flush and 50 women in line? GADS!

Like I said Get the what out of Belgium!

• berten
    berten

>I don't EVEN want to imagine how much piles up with 5 or 10 people in line.
    >And to think what the ladies rest room must be like.
    >2 or 3 min to flush and 50 women in line? GADS!
    >Like I said Get the what out of Belgium!

This can't be such an unique situation in Belgium :-)
    I mean,did'nt you have long waiting lines at the toilets?
    Of course I described the situation how it was more than twenty years
    ago.maybe it has improved now,with toilets that refill much quicker
    and more of them than just ten or fifteen,as it was in my time...

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This still cracks me up. It was the middle of the session because I REFUSED to wait 30 min in line during a song when I am going to miss way more of the talk then if I just go and come back in 5 min.

Anyway-t'was just me and one other lady in the bathroom.

Ladies you can back me up on this, but sometimes long skirts can drop into the bowl, unless you are really good at gathering every inch of fabric up. Well apparantly this sister missed a handful and it fell in because I hear a loud "oh shit! Goddamn it!"

I silently giggled to myself, and when I left found her with five paper towels trying to dry her skirt. (way more than the "Please Take One Towel" sign said, but I let that go" I gave her a large smile and giggled my way all the way back to my seat. I'm pretty sure she didn't know I was in the bathroom otherwise she would have held back on the explatives. Not that I blame her, that would really suck...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit