HELP!!!! I NEED FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!

by Prisila 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisila
    Prisila

I REALLY NEED YOUR FEEDBACK . . . PLEASE!!!!

I am really down on the dumps regarding being shunned and torn apart about DA (I haven't yet). A week ago I wrote to Dr. Phil on OPRAH and wrote briefly about JW practices on shunning. I got a call right now on my VM they want me on the show.

What should I do? I NEVER thought this would interest them at all. I was kind of just venting when I wrote the letter. HELP!! I need advice. Should I go through with it?

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Dr. Phil is bald.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

YES!!!!! Go through with it! It will help expose the dubs ridiculous practices!! It may even help out Silent Lambs! Go for it!! I am totally available for supportive comments on the practice. Heck, I'll even be on the show with you!

-Fire

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Your appearance on Oprah would be another great way to expose the depraved JW practice of shunning. However, would you be willing to talk openingly in front of millions of people? Plus, your face and indentity would be exposed for all to see. How much would that cost you personally?

I would do it in a second. However, only you can decide if it would be the right thing for you.

Andee

• Dustbunny
    Dustbunny

Awesome!! Let me know when they'll show it, I want to set the VCR. Everyone who has been thru the shunning thing should go with you. Don't lose out on the opportunity to expose the Witlesses for who they really are.

Dust

• rondoggy
    rondoggy

Most definitely. If you need help contact Paul Blizard at www.watchthetower.com .

Let him know that I referred you.

Ron

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Ask Bill Bowen to go with you. You just might be surprised.

• Larry
    Larry

Go for it!!!! - Think of the 'witness' you will give - All the dubs look at Oprah :) Seriously, just tell the truth, and you'll be fine. Besides, with all the support and references you have in here, how could you go wrong :) Peace - LL :)

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Go for it :) Talk about going out with a bang! That would top them all!

• blondie
    blondie

You haven't DA'd yet but you are already being shunned. Hmmmm? If you go on the show, it will start the ball rolling more towards your being DF'd or your actions being considered DAing yourself.

I would find it hard to talk about this subject in private with an impartial party, like a counselor. This sounds like it will be very public.

I would think, for your own mental well-being, that it would be better to wait until you are more definite in your own mind.

Why not talk to Bill Bowen since he has experience in doing dealing with the media and being interviewed. He could give you some good advice from the vantage point of an elder, being shunned himself, and how to maintain your cool and provide good, solid information.

But it isn't necessary to go on Dr. Phil's/Orprah's show to benefit from his expertise. But if it is what you need, then go for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit