What would you do if religion collapsed?

by Prisila 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisila
    Prisila

At this point in my life I feel very confident that leaving the JWs was the best thing for me. However, 25 years of brainwashing goes a long way. (For arguments sake) If religion collapsed today, would you feel you made a mistake in leaving the WBTS? I think I might be confused and I might be tempted to go back.

I am always being told that if something happens to my daughters or husband I'll run back . . . I seriously doubt it. Even if I get sick the last thing i want is to be visited by people in the congregation.

So be honest . . . would you doubt yourself if religion collapsed today? BE HONEST!!!!!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    So be honest . . . would you doubt yourself if religion collapsed today? BE HONEST!!!!!

Hmmmm....NO!

Why would I doubt anything if religion collapsed? I don't believe in it...any of it. It would make things so much easier. No worry about prayer in school, etc.

I would find it refreshing.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

You are right, Pricila, "However, 25 years of brainwashing goes a long way."

Religion is a snare and a racket and it takes a long time to deprogram yourself.

I wish all religion would collapse.

Now if you want to talk about spirituality, that's a different subject.

Good to see you posting again, hope all is well with you and your family.

Hugs,

j2bf

• obiwan
    obiwan

Not at all,I am confident in my decision,And besides if religion collapsed why would I run back to the wts,they are an organized religion.All I know is that I believe in GOD,Not organized religion.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I would throw a party.

• voltaire
    voltaire

not to be a smart aleck, but if religion collapsed, where would you go back to?

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

If anyone ever produces the body of Jesus, then I would have reason to doubt the truth of my Faith. If that ever happened, no, I would never go back to the Borg. I have come to enjoy my freedom too much to subject myself to that tyoe of silliness.

• Prisila
    Prisila

Thank you everyone for making me stronger in my new belief system.

Joy- I'm glad your back.

• Francois
    Francois

If religion collapsed today, I wouldn't be surprised. I take it you mean the JWs would collapse too, even though they're a cult, not a religion.

I hope you don't go back for any reason.

BTW, once you've started a thread, you can't stop it. It has a life of it's own.

francois

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Fear is a powerful motivater but stop and think of the real reasons why you left the WTBTS. Was it because they make mistakes or was it because they are dishonest. Do they justify their deceitful "means" by pointing to the rightous "ends". Their style is deceitful yet they will argue that it is "shrewd". They are a "tricky" organization and if you decide to go back because of fear you will become just like them. We left because the WTBTS does not have the heart to be forthright about its History, its Techniques, or its Tyranny. Can they be what they are and still have Divine backing ? Impossible ! If there is a metting out of justice to religious organizations on a large scale then the WTBTS has much to fear. They seek and demonstrate the kind of power that must pass away if there is to be a better Earth. If you go back you will be under that power and you will have to turn a deaf ear to injustice and deceit. Fear will have caused you to sacrifice your inner core. It is not easy to walk on the edge where "conscience" meets "fear" but we have been forced to do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit