What would you do if religion collapsed?

by Prisila 38 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

May I suggest, Prisila, that you change the way you think about this matter?

I suggest that you make it a purely intellectual excercize. The second you feel any emotion, any desire or fear either one motivating you to believe one way or the other, excise that feeling from your decision making process.

Be brutal with yourself.

Research, research, research (screw that "advertise, advertise, advertise" bullshit).

I think if you do that, you won't have even the smallest bit of doubt that it was anything but a load of untrue, unsupported crap which caught us unawares, or in a case like mine (born into it), indoctrinated as a naive little child.

Oh yeah, if religion falls, the earth itself will breath a sigh of relief.

• ros
    ros

One thing I realized while I was still a JW--and one of the first things that surfaced of which I consciously knew I disagreed with JWs:

Babylon the Great has nothing to do with "religion"--except as it may be a part of it like anything else.
    On this I agree with what YouKnow posted. (In fact I think he and I had a private e-mail discussion about it some years ago.)

If religion fell tomorrow (which would include the Watchtower religion), why would the world's "merchants" care?! (They're the ones that Revelation has "weeping and waling" over the fall of Babylon the Great.) Now if the worldwide "system", as YouKnow referred to it, but let's say the worldwide economic system failed--THEN the merchants would be weeping and waling, and we would see all the things described in the fall of Babylon the Great would we not? (Her merchants (not "her preachers") were her powerful men" it says.

Just a thought.

~Ros

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Celebrate and have a bible burning party!!!!

The most destructive book that was ever written. It destroys peoples minds...it is a drug made out of ink and paper that dulls the senses of sheep!!!

Edited by - gravedancer on 26 July 2002 22:25:3

• Perry
    Perry

"The Kingdom of God is within you". - Jesus

Wouldn't make a hill of beans difference to me as far as what I choose to believe.

• neyank
    neyank

What would you do if religion collapsed?

I wouldn't go back to the WTS.

They've already proven beyond a doubt that they are not
    what they claim to be.

If religion collapsess, I take it ALL religion will collapse.
    Including the WTS.

If we take the teaching that Babalon the Great is false religion
    as a true teaching, then I can't see how any religion could stand
    because they are ALL teaching falsehoods, and are ALL run and
    controlled by man.

neyank

• SYN
    SYN

There is no way something like this could ever happen. The thought is simply ludicrous. Even if it did (which it won't), it's not something that will have the least bit of effect on me. I might want to help "liberate" all those newly-freed Nuns, tho, now that I think about it...

Edited by - SYN on 28 July 2002 9:29:59

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

i'd walk right up to a kingdom hall and say "THIS is what i THINK of you RELIGIONS! (zip ...takes a leak on the building) " and then run away and say "HA HA" like nelson on the Simpsons...~FS

Edited by - FiveShadows on 28 July 2002 15:33:51

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Throw one hell of a party - cos "religion is a snare and a racket"

Nowfree

• Valis
    Valis

I would have a good laugh! One nice thing would happen though...we would spend a lot less time and money in the service of someone's version of dog, and more in the servoce of mankind...dream a little dream...

The first SYN Liberated TM Sister...

SYNcerely,

Districy Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit