What would you do if religion collapsed?

by Prisila 38 Replies latest jw friends

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Since religion is a snare and a racket, and that applies to all organized religions (JWs, Mormons, Moonies, etc...), then if they collapsed, I will buy Malt Liquor and Throw a Big Ole' Party.

At one point, religion used to be something good. Since it's been corrupted thru the years, it has become something that have done more harm than good in this world. I still believe in God and I am still a Christian. Nowadays, there's too much negative connotation with the word religion.

Edited by - AjaxMan on 26 July 2002 17:2:50

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I would say good riddance! Organized religion is a fungus in my opionion, it may make some people happy, and that's ok. However to me my religion is personal, and I am the only member, so it can't become corrupted, it can only grow and only expand my beliefs. One thing you will notice, most all religions speak the same core thing, so thusly I believe there is not one wrong religion, however you have to wiegh everything, and I don't believe a religion is right, if they say they are the only one true religion, that's rediclous, because even the bible does not say exactly who would be the right religion, only guidelines.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Religion cannot suddenly collapse. It is impossible. It is woven into the very fibre of mankind's being, religion is one of the most important and powerful influences on humans even today. Those in the most powerful offices on earth are religious.

For mankind in general to turn on religion would mean that society would have to rebel against every axiom of their being.

Because the event you describe is so VERY unlikely, impossible even, if it did happen I would have to seriously reconsider my position. Yes, even return to the 'religion' that predicted it, because only God Himself could have forseen such an event and it would be the proof I needed of His existence.

However, I do NOT expect such events to happen. I believe that religion will SLOWLY decline in importance and in about a 1000 years from now human kind will be totally secular - and all the better for it.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

I would love it if religion collapsed. Then we could start secretly meeting in each others homes. This would make studying the bible more fun and we wouldnt have to deal with church politics anymore.

Lizard

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

What mommie dark said.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I would go to Freeman's party!!!!!!!!!!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Dmouse is RIGHT!

JW's have made a big mistake in predicting an all out attack on religion. Babylon the Great is NOT a religious entity.

• COMF
    COMF

I'd smile at my friends and say, "Wonderful! NOW we can get something done!"

• Prisila
    Prisila

WOW!!!! I can't belief my eyes. NOT ONE PERSON DOUBTS!!! I'm flabbergasted! OK, I learned something new.

I guess I will stick to my guns and belief to be a non-believer. Let's make a pact . . . if that happens I'll throw the hugest party ever so you guys can keep me from seeking the JWs. Restraints are acceptable. lol

• Prisila
    Prisila

WOW!!!! I can't belief my eyes. NOT ONE PERSON DOUBTS!!! I'm flabbergasted! OK, I learned something new.

I guess I will stick to my guns and belief to be a non-believer. Let's make a pact . . . if that happens I'll throw the hugest party ever so you guys can keep me from seeking the JWs. Restraints are acceptable. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit