Married a regular pioneer

Husband was elder very young

Was always interviewed for child/youth assembly

Was ALWAYS on-call for school in case anyone didn't show up for their part

Was used for the "how to's" in kingdom ministry

Was used for the 1st presentation on how to ask for voluntary donations

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

My dad was an "unbeliever" and then my parents got divorced when I was 12 so the other boys in the hall my age who all happened to be the children of elders treated me like a second class witness. So I pretty much had a mission to be twice as spiritual as they were during my teens. I could never bring myself to pioneering, but I loved giving talks on short notice, answered several times at the watchtower study and book study and by the time I was 19 I was an MS. I actually believed at the time in everything the witnesses taught vehemently. Then after I got married when I was 21 my perspective sort of changed and I just no longer believed anymore, or wanted to believe. I guess I knew too many "worldly" people through work and "higher education" (uh oh) who I thought were nice, but God in his infinite wisdom was supposed to destroy them for being evil. I just didn't buy it and me and my wife were able to succesfully drift out for the most part. Even though our parents, especially her's gave us a hard time about it. Thankfully they didn't even ask us to go to the District Convention this year like last year. I wish I could DA myself, but I do value my family's association so I keep it on the down low for now, but its hard not to talk about the hypocracy in the organization.

• The Devil
    The Devil

None of the children were allowed to play with me. I guess their parents thought I might make them do something bad.

Lucifer

Edited by - the devil on 25 July 2002 20:51:41

• Xander
    Xander
    That I was not a "good" association by them judging my living conditions (as if I had a choice) as a indication on my moral and association status.

Oh, pffft.

OBVIOUSLY you weren't THAT good a witness, or Jah would have provided. I mean, c'mon, EVERYONE knows THAT.

But it seems the Tower is bleeding all it's good people to the Dark Side

*sigh* - if only that were true. I fear, as good examples as many were, we weren't actually that good compared to the 'perfect witness' Bethel would have each member be.

In any case, it doesn't really matter. 'Good JWs' burn themselves out quickly. The kind that stick around are those who believe and 'go through the motions' to attain salvation the only way they think is possible. The gung-ho witnesses just don't last, but that's not the bulk of their population, anyway. Least, that's my theory.

Auxillary pioneered in the summer, reg pioneered out of high school.

That sounds familiar. I remember car groups waiting at the school for me to get out (right next to the busses, too! That way, I could informally witness the next day explaining why we were all dressed up!). Yup, evening witnessing, witnessing every weekend, informally at school, to family, blahblahblah. Whole nine yards.

they wanted to fast track me to serve as an elder or MS

That's *exactly* how I was. A couple MS brothers even did 'pre-baptism question studies' with me to 'prep' me for baptismal questions, I was handling mikes, running the sound system!, reading for the watchtower!!, doing parts, aux pioneering, etc. - all at 17!

"..may not have been my mommas only son / but her favorite one, it seemed..." indeed! Tell ya what, though - I ain't now! (HA!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit