WERE YOU CONSIDERED A GOOD EXAMPLE?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Have you ever had to deal with the thought that you really weren't that good of an example? Perhaps, the congregation was encouraged to pioneer or reach out for Bethel service or go to seldom worked territory, etc. And when you applied, you were told that you didn't qualify. This is one of the saddest things to deal with in the congregation, since you realize what the congregation REALLY thinks of you. What are your thoughts?

• Farkel
    Farkel

In my congregations, I was always considered one of the best examples.

Unfortunately, it was of the "bad" variety.

Farkel

• TR
    TR

I was used in many a talk for my consistancy at bringing my three kids to the meetings while "unbelieving wife" stayed at home. What a goooooood example I was. Fortunately, bringing the kids coupled with all the other bullshit I was saddled with burned me out, so I "drifted away".

TR

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

What about you, minimus?

• minimus
    minimus

exemplary

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yes although more was always expected

• rekless
    rekless

yes, our entire family was an example.

i even received a letter to become part of the quick build committee.

i was a general contractor and i just ignored the building committees letter.

i just couldn't prostitute my skills. i never prospered either from the worldly business or from the spiritual business side .

just as well, they never made a nickle off me nor me from them...

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I was an excellent example. I pioneered, every summer we would go where "the need is greater:, my husband volunteered to help at Bethel on the weekends. Yes, our family was a shining example.

• sisteract
    sisteract

OH YES, I WAS A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE AND WAS REMINDED OFTEN HOW MY CONDUCT AND WHAT CLOTHES I WORE WOULD AFFECT THE "YOUTH" IN THE CONGREAGATION. AND THEN I COULD'NT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH THE PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE F'ING PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PRESSURE ANYMORE--I WAS OUT--I FELT LIKE A 1,000 LBS. WERE LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS

I DIDN'T HAVE TO CARRY ANYONE ANYMORE BUT ME--I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR JUST ME--THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

INTERESTING.......nearly everyone so far was considered a good example. When the Society is losing so many good examples, it doesn't look good for their future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit