WERE YOU CONSIDERED A GOOD EXAMPLE?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

sadly, i was a very good example. even my thoughts weren't my own...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Were you considered a good example?

But I can say that it wasn't a unanomous judgement.

There were some that considered me a good example of a human being despite majority thoughts.

Those are the ones I considered real people.

The rest i've pretty much brushed asside

Edited by - plmkrzy on 25 July 2002 1:0:52

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I was considered a good example and it sucked!! Whenever new girls came to our hall I was EXPECTED to make friends with them no matter how gross or nerdy they were.

• Moridin
    Moridin

Growing up we were THE example in the congregation. My dad was an elder, my mom a pioneer, sister and I pioneered during vacations and my father and I were always giving parts at the conventions. I hated it. I led a double life through most of my teen years and the guilt was so hard to bear for me because I believed most of it. Now my father and I are both out and my sister and mother are still in. My father and I almost had our sister out and my mother was able to get her back in and they are both die hard witnesses.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I was considered a very good example, up until I started dating my first husband. One elder even told me, "I'm holding you up as an example for my young daughter. Don't let me down."

• Preston
    Preston

I was considered a very good example by my elder body....now I'm having sex with a guy, go figure!

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

Long time ago I was a good example...

To give you an idea of how "good" I was I'll quote the January 15th 1994 Watchtower, page 21 an 22:

". . . everything to do with our worship is related to our relationship with Jehovah and his organization. This includes pioneering. A young pioneer named Rado explained: "For a young person, there is nothing finer than remembering Jehovah and walking in the way of the truth."

Yes, pioneering is a fine way for youths to
    demonstrate their love for Jehovah and closeness to him.

. . . Rado, mentioned earlier, was six years old when two pioneers studied the Bible with his parents. When still very young, he regularly accompanied
    these full-time preachers in the field ministry.
    Rado himself became a regular pioneer at the age of 17."

They aren't as happy with me now as they were.

Rado Vleugel,
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

• Xandria
    Xandria

I was a good example... yep. Of what not to be !

According to the Elders I was a terrible daughter.. b/c my mom had to vigorously discipline me always. An of course we lived in such deplorable conditions... ( ie: Campgrounds and later a poverty level). That I was not a "good" association by them judging my living conditions (as if I had a choice) as a indication on my moral and association status.

Not once did they stop to ask me what I thought, felt or knew. They did not know me at all. Yet they surely could judge me wanting. Go figure.

Only twice did I have a person of the same age show humanity to me . One had a brother who was d/f at the time. An the other.. she was beyond the petty crap. That is rare for a 17 year old within the org.

Xandria

• Prisca
    Prisca
    They aren't as happy with me now as they were.

LOL.... that'd be the understatement of the year!

Our family was considered one of the "pillars" of the congregation - Dad had been a PO (and Congregation Servant before the 70s) for decades, Mum was a well-respected elder's wife who had a firm faith in Jehovah right up to her death, and then was my sister and I - elder's daughters who never did a thing wrong (I'm not joking, not even a drag on a cigarette or uttered a swear word!)

As an adult, I stayed a "good girl", because I fully bought into the whole JW doctrine. Attended every meeting, went witnessing every Saturday morning, picked up sisters for the meetings and field service, etc etc.

• Mackin
    Mackin

Was I a good example?

It depends who you ask.

I suppose I was considered a "good example" by the publishers but the other elders I'm sure thought I was a bit of a trouble maker because I questioned lots of things. Same in Bethel, I often didn't just accept their "company line" all the time.

I guess that's why I eventually saw the truth of the "truth."

Mackin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit