boomboom car stereos...

by DanTheMan 50 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

JT, I don't have a problem with anyone's music. If I don't care for it, I don't listen to it. If it's acceptable for me to be forced to listen to someone elses music, can I go and share a big stinkin cigar in their living room?

Listen to whatever you like, just don't force me to listen too.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• jack2
    jack2

ve9, good point made about the headphones. What I was simply pointing out was that dbs are a measure of loudness that is not really scaled to frequency. And yes, as you said, different types of ear damage can result depending on the type of exposure....and very importantly too, the duration of it. Also, the closer to the source, the more likelihood of damage (as with headphones).....like in a car, which is what I just don't quite get about people who blast their car systems. Good points made.

• 13th_apostate
    13th_apostate

amac: thanks for the info. I will have to remember that the next time I go music shopping (which isn't as often as it used to be - I have over 800 CDs, about 300 of which are rap)

LDH: I like the first BEP album better than the second. did they come out with a third one recently? and jamiraqu (sp?) is the best retro 70's smooth funk style out there now. I have 3 of his albums. I like the one that has supersonic on it the best.

will

• Francois
    Francois

LDH? U B a black chick? Well, I swan. You one a' them goooooooood lookin' mahagony babes, huh? I can't make that out from your picture, all I sees is a good lookin' woman (tho not as good lookin' as my Noddy). U larn sumpin' new every day. I wondered whar the spice in your posts was comin' from. Now I know.

U go girl,
    francois

• LDH
    LDH

Francois:

I'm like Hertz. <<<NOT EXACTLY>>>

LOL.

Lisa

Defies Descriptions Class

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hey,I've just come back to this thread and had Duelling Banjo's blasting out the speakers,how did that happen,it scared the living daylights out of me when it started,really cool though,I'm about to play it again.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Cars with sound always seemed to me to be a part of the drug culture and not soley hip-hop. The first cats I knew with sound in their cars all were involved with drugs in one way or another. There was no other way a 16 or 17 yr old could afford to spend that much money on a car. I couldn't stand drugs when I was younger so certain aspects of hip hop have never appealed to me.

What I will say is that hip hop made me feel like I had a voice. Here was music that spoke about life how I saw and eventually lived it . For some reason that was empowering to me. That is what I feel hip hop music does for the youth. It expresses all the struggles and triumphs that we feel everyday in our words and on our own terms. These may range from the questionable and mundane to the sublime and noteworthy, but it is expression nonetheless. That is of course one of the ultimate freedoms.

So if they feel like I do, no wonder they want you, MOM & DAD, to hear it too!

ONE....

bigboi

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*big sigh* Kids these days! *shakes head*

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Now why is it that if Expatbrit says that, it sounds gentlemanly and couth, but if I had said it, everyone would assume I was being dirty?

LOL! I don't know, Six. Why is it?

Expatbrit

• LB
    LB

Well, I'm old but immature. I enjoy loud engines and, loud stereos, if they are mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit