boomboom car stereos...

by DanTheMan 50 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

LDH - I tried very hard not to make this a "racey" post - but, in all honesty, the boomboom does seem to be a primarily black thing. And I will be very honest in saying that black urban culture is a little mystifying to me sometimes. That is one of the reasons why I posted this thread, was because I think the boomboom thing bothers me a little too much sometimes. I really wish I understood the appeal, so that I could be a little more tolerant. The intolerant, arrogant, self-righteous attitude that I had as a young man made me so ripe for the JW's, and I don't want to be like that!

I know that back in the 80's, I couldn't get enough Metallica and AC/DC cranked up, and I still enjoy some of that.

I remember seeing Iron Maiden live around 1987 or so, it was so loud you couldn't even tell what song they were playing. It was ridiculous.

• LDH
    LDH

Dan,

Don't sweat it, I was just being my usual smart-ass self!

I do think though, that 'white' people in the country play their music JUST as loud as 'black' people in the city. But let's be honest, no one hears Floyd blasting Manowar in the boonies.

EVERYBODY can hear LeRoy's ride bumping down the street in Compton. heh heh. I don't think it's a race issue, people of EVERY COLOR love to blast their music. It's a *proximity* issue.

I'm not too much of an Iron Maiden fan anymore, but I still love Dokken. I've seen:

Rush

Whitesnake

Guns N Roses

etc in concert and you are right. It is not the place for me. Not only is it too loud, there are people there who haven't bathed in YEARS it seems like, pressing in on the likes of me. LOL.

Lisa

PS, I need to get the Black Eyed Peas stuff. It got stolen along with about 200 other of my CDs. I love Jamiroquai and Ozomatli. GOOD STUFF.

Edited by - LDH on 25 July 2002 21:30:6

• animal
    animal

Had LDH gone for a ride with me when I was in California last month, she would have heard some of the loudest drag pipes found on a full dressed Harley (they are usually quiet from the factory). I like the sound, the pipes look good (mixed chrome/burn stains/rust), and they are cheap. I always ran them and will.

Now, for those that dislike the Harleys noise, remember this.... we have cars playing music with the windows up driving near us at high speeds.... or deaf old women and men ... or celphone users.... etc, and the pipes DO work at getting thier attention. One twist of the throttle on mine and heads turn... but I am only looking at the one dummy about to hit me.

Now, I head for work at 530AM... and none of my neighbors have complained, and yes... I asked. I am not one to rev it up for the hell of it. I will rev it at a light tho, as someone mentioned... and there is a reason. My Harley, and all other Harleys, are air cooled. We have no water like cars, colling our oil. As it heats up, you need to move the oil more when you are sitting still. This isnt bullshit, really. Some people just overdo it.

Anyone want a ride?

Animal

*fixed typos*

Edited by - animal on 25 July 2002 21:47:33

• LDH
    LDH

And had that handsome devil ANIMAL not changed his plans at the last minute, I would've spent all day Saturday with him.

Now, hubby and I are planning to hook up with finnrot on Saturday in Gilroy CA. I bet *HE* won't break plans with me, Animal.

Lisa

• animal
    animal

Well, you all will just have to come to AZ......

Animal

• ve9gra
    ve9gra

This, I find is the best 'policy'... and it applies to everything!! Noise, smoking, all..

Your liberty ends where someone else's start.

So just be considerate.

I love 'feeling' my music more than hearing it.. but when I come home late at night the system is all the way down. Plus I took the time to silence the entire setup. Raise the windows, close the doors and you can't hear it outside. (You can feel it if you touch the car but not hear it)

• JT
    JT

Amac says:

Them darn kids and their rock'n'roll music!!!!!!!!

You lot are aging yourselves. Hip Hop happens to be the most popular of music genres among teenagers and twenty-somethings. Similar comments have been made about other genres as they had their time in the spotlight of popularity...Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, RockNRoll, Modern Jazz, Swing/Hard Bop, etc. Every genre has some great music....and a lot of crap.

@@@@@@@@@

I was thinking the same thing- When you have to ask: WHY ARE THOSE KIDS.....

it means you are getting OLD - while i agree i think it is crazy MUSIC AND SOUND, the bottom line is WE ARE ALL GETTING OLD and we are telling on ourselves.

i recall so many folks older than me telling me what it was like when Elvis shook his HIPS ON THE ED SULVENE SHOW

everyone thought ALL HELL HAD BROKEN LOOSE now Britney and Janet strut their stuff all day long and folks can't get enough

it must be something about generations each one hates what the other considers cool

life is a bit$@ and then you die

smile

SMILE

• JT
    JT

LDH

All I can say is you are a "FOOL" smile

I loved this post and those PICTURES - this will be in the Serverroom at work on Friday

I love it this is just great

thanks so much for the laugh

Girl you are too much

James

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol....ExpatBrit,

The other night it was so loud that I thought the stuffed pheasant in my den had received a miraculous resurrection, it was vibrating so much.

That is the funniest line that I have read on the Board all week...lol

HS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The other night it was so loud that I thought the stuffed pheasant in my den had received a miraculous resurrection, it was vibrating so much.

Now why is it that if Expatbrit says that, it sounds gentlemanly and couth, but if I had said it, everyone would assume I was being dirty?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit