WHAT'S THE WORSE THING YOU DID AT THE MEETING?

by Mary 50 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy1
    mommy1

My brother fell asleep during the public talk, and the person behind him crossed there legs and hit the back of his seat. He jumped up and said "Oh F*CK" and then he realized where he was. He had been out partying the night before so he was pretty hung over. After the meeting those Elders were giving him the riot act.

• amac
    amac
    i was 12 yrs old and had the priveledge of passing the microphone.it was on a thursday night service meeting and this older sister raised her hand and the other guy passing the mic got to her first i wisperd shit and the mic picked it up boy was my ass blue trhat nite

That has to be the funniest! I was always a good kid at the meeting, but once when I was in my early twenties, my friend was saying the prayer...he got to one of those awkward silences where he couldn't think of what to say and I started busting up. Had to walk out because I couldn't stop laughing.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    Call a random Kingdom Hall. Brother or sister answers "Hello, Kingdom Hall". Then say "HA! you just said hello to a disfellowshipped person!" and hang up.

lmao

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

This didn't happen to me but it was still very funny. We had an older brother who still ran the microphones and on this particular day one mike went out which left us with only this brother running around the entire hall. Well, at one point a sister is called on to comment and the brother is no where to be seen. That's when we all hear the sound of someone peeing, a sigh of relief and a toilet flushing. He had forgotten to turn the mike off on his trip to the bathroom.

• ballistic
    ballistic

stinky, this falls into the category of urban legend. The story of the peeing or heaving sound coming across the pa system from the radio mic has been flying around message boards and the org for years. It's a great story though!!!

• ISP
    ISP

Not me but..............an elder referred to the Young People Ask book.........as the Young Purple-arsed book!

ISP

• scumrat
    scumrat

Hey Jesus Christ,

Intelligent minds think alike!!!!!! next time you should try scooping up some dog crap with a newspaper and putting it under the car door handles at the kingdom hall parking lot!!! We used to do this all the time in our neighborhood growing up. Imagine the look on their faces as they go to open their car door AND ALL THEY HAVE ARE THEIR MAGAZINES TO WIPE THEIR HANDS ON. "FOOLISHNESS IS TIED UP IN THE HEART OF A BOY"

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

This is'nt something I did, but I had (and still have - she's out now) a rather liberal and extremely LOUD Jw freind.

We were sitting quitely at the district assembely while the main talk was on, and it was so quite you could hear a pin drop, well this brother gets up and goes to the toilet, walking past us up the aisle and my freind casually leans over, and forgetting, as she always does that she should be whispering, BOOMS to me: "That guy's got a hard - on!"

Everyone in the distance of about 5 -6 metres heard, there was a few giggles but PLENTY of absolutely mortified faces. It was most probably the most embarrasing moment of my life. My freind just responded with a sheepish: "Whoops - sorry", and pretended to be enthralled in the written program for the rest of the session.

• joenobody
    joenobody

A couple come to mind:

1) A young guy about 24, pioneer, pretty earnest and well respected, but a little short upstairs at times was giving a talk from the "Creation" book or something. He was marvelling about a creature he kept referring to as an "oran"-"goootin" and what an amazing animal. I laughed my ass off and when he came to the back (was working the sound) I informed him it was pronounced "orangutan" and he clued in to what the heck the animal actually was! We rode on him pretty hard for that one.

2) An MS had asked me to do a demonstration one night. We got to the meeting late, he kind looked at me and smiled and wagged his finger at me jokingly. I had totally forgotten about the part, until the service meeting began. Then I suddenly realized what he had been referring to when I read over the part. I decided to jet out to the can... I could hear him giving his talk and he called upon me to give the demo. He waited a minute and some of the brothers started looking for me. One young guy opened the bathroom door, saw my feet under the stall and burst out laughing "he's in here!". He kept busting a gut as I was dying off embarassment. The guy giving the talk was not very quick on his feet and he said we'll just wait for him for a minute! The guy who found me said, "uh I think he's not coming any time soon". When I returned to my seat after his part was over, people were smiling and laughing big time.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

They left the file cabinet opened in the "Elders Room" by accident. I opened every single sealed envelope. WOW some of the shit that goes on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit