WHAT'S THE WORSE THING YOU DID AT THE MEETING?

by Mary 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I would have to say the worst (aka: funniest) thing I ever did at a meeting was when I sat with the Circuit Overseer and his wife (many moons ago......)

Anyway, he was really prim and proper and she was of course, a very submissive wife who barely spoke without her husbands permission. Anyway, he goes to the platform and starts off by asking th audience: Who was Ahab?

There was a pause, so I whispered to Mrs. CO: "Didn't he kill Moby Dick?"

Well oh my god.......she started laughing and laughing and then tried to stop......and then started again.........you know it's a thousand times worse when you're not supposed to be laughing, right? So then I started laughing and needless to say, Hubby was not impressed. I guess he demanded to know what she was laughing at during the meeting when she was supposed to be worshipping him; she told him and I think he told her she was forbidden to ever sit near me again (giggle!)

I'd love to hear what anyone else did at the Hall that brings back memories!!!

• bay64me
    bay64me

Laughed hysterically when someone farted!

• dolphman
    dolphman

I stole a bunch of rolls of toilet paper from the bathroom. My brother and I used them to TP our neighborhood. We told some of our JW friends, and sure enough, they turned us in.

Oh, we also did a brody (burn-out) in my white trash chevy camaro as we exited the Kindom Hall one night. It threw rocks agains the glass window of the KH. ELders were pissed.

My brother used to smoke pot just before going to a meeting. I was too scared to do something like that at the time. I was afraid Jehovah would launch a lightning bolt or something....

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

This didn't happen exactly to me but I caused it.My friend and I were young teens. We sat on the first row one night, and were laughing and cutting up.I said something to my friend, she started laughing and had to go pee. She didn't move, all of a sudden it started dripping off the chair. I laughed so hard. Needless to say we were not allowed to sit together for a long time after. She almost quit going after that but conscience got to her.

Oh well!

kkluv

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Lots of funny things...mostly at the service meeting when I was tired. I remember reading the scripture in Revelation that talked about the angel with the seven bowls....only I said. "bowels."

Another sister got the giggles during a demonstration because she was so nervous. She finally just had to give up and sit down. the brother conducting the part said, "We rare;y come across this in field service." HbH

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Oh, we also did a brody (burn-out) in my white trash chevy camaro as we exited the Kindom Hall one night. It threw rocks agains the glass window of the KH. ELders were pissed.

that's the second post i read in which windows are mentioned. i went to 3 kingdom halls and visted two and none of them had windows. must be an arizona thing.

p.s. i did have a funny thing happen but i already posted it somewhere else a while back...

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

i was 12 yrs old and had the priveledge of passing the microphone.it was on a thursday night service meeting and this older sister raised her hand and the other guy passing the mic got to her first i wisperd shit and the mic picked it up boy was my ass blue trhat nite

• blondie
    blondie

I had been sick all day and wanted to stay home but my mom made me go because the CO was there and she couldn't get a babysitter to stay with me. She went up to talk to the CO dragging me along and just after she introduced me to him, I vomited all over his shoes and pants. I got to go home then. It's a good thing we moved shortly after that.

Edited by - Blondie on 23 July 2002 20:44:41

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

The worst thing I ever did at a meeting was pay attention. The best things I ever did were the giggle fits.

• thewiz
    thewiz

raised my hand and corrected them on something. They were all commenting (especially elders and their wives) and saying that elders (in the cong i was attending at the time, and i guess any cong for that matter that anyone would be going to go to -after all who would admit to such a thing) don't tell their wives about who did what and etc.

so i raised my hand and asked, "so what was that talk we heard a couple weeks ago that bro. elder so-and-so gave based on a WT article from the WTB&TS from about 2 mo's ago that said that the number one problem with elders is they 'talk' to their wives. i heard that talk right here in this cong based on a WT we studied right here in this hall?" -you could here the crikets outside after that comment -because we had windows :)

oh yeah, farting and then blaming one of my kids. you need the kids for cover.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit