WHAT'S THE WORSE THING YOU DID AT THE MEETING?

by Mary 50 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Once the visiting brother asked Jehovah to forgive us our falling shorts during the final prayer and lost it. I got an elbow to the ribs

I slapped a chick in the face. (I was 3) My mom made an audio recording of me just talking, where she asked me what we did at meetings, and I said "we do not hit people at the meetings" I figure that must have been recorded after my Zsa Zsa Gabore moment.

When I was four I tripped on my shoes and fell down the stairs at the kingdom hall. BOOM-TUMBLE TUMBLE.

My father was conducting the bookstudy and asked "So what are some identifying features of Jehovahs Peeper (he was supposed to ask people) and I again lost it so bad tears were streaming down my face.

There is a passage in the NT where a leaper falls on his face before Jesus. I leaned over to my dad and said "Ewwe, like he tripped over it?" And he lost it. And quickly rebuffed me by finding a scripture where Jesus is dealing with another leaper and the next line is "so he stretched out his hand"...to which he said "Now that's gross" And I lost it. My mom hated when I sat by my dad.

Other than that I was the perfect little dub...

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Farkel:
    Well, hell. I was BORN in 1966 so the pink one's the only songbook i remember from back then. They changed it sometime in the 80's i think. can't remember.

• Makena1
    Makena1

These stories about the songbook reminded me of the time I decided to take a knap during the written review. Of course I was the piano player. When it came time to sing the middle song, I was in a deep sleep. (was working midnight shift at the time). It took two brothers to shake, wake me up enough to stumble down the aisle to the piano. I was still in a daze because I missed more notes during that song than I did in my entire "career" playing at the KH and assemblies.

Farkel - I started playing at the hall at the tender age of 8 (daddy was PO and conducted the circuit orchestrar= nepotism) so I remember the ol' green songbook very well.

Mak

Edited by - Makena1 on 23 July 2002 22:44:56

• Prisca
    Prisca

That Hawiian song is still being sung, as it's in the current brown song book they use. My father used to tell me it sounded that way because it was written by a Hawiian brother.

I used to laugh too loud, and too often. Another sister in my cong did too, and we tended to laugh at the same things. But when she moved, it became more obvious how much and how loudly I laughed

• Amazing
    Amazing

Too embarassed, I can't tell ... but might ... well, maybe I will give a hint ... I was having some strong baldder pressure, and was about to be introduced to give a public talk ... and the pressure was so great that certain body parts became uncooperative ... and I walked up to the platform hunched over ... and many of the friends commented later how humble I approached the platform ... but in reality, I was rying to hide my little problem.

• minimus
    minimus

Hysterically laughed when the Bible reader pronounced Hittites as HIR TITTIES and when the WT. reader quoted from ,I believe ISAIAH, and the verses talked about Israel's teats and he kept saying tits....had to go outside for that one.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Okay I am giving my age away here, but how many of you remember the green song book????

my favourite one was song 54, Forward Theocratic Warrriors. I do believe it was modified in the pinky song book. Also Sing to God the Lord was not in the pinky song book but was in the green one and then re appeared in the brown one. It was a real oldie.

• patio34
    patio34

I was at a DC and it was afternoon. My sister, Waiting, may have been there. Anyway, being tired, I leaned my head back on what seemed to be the back of my chair. To my surprise, it was the knee of a very tall man! It was embarrassing to say the least to have rested my head on some guy's knee . . .

Pat

• minimus
    minimus

WOW, ORANGEFATCAT>>>>that's terrible.

• scumrat
    scumrat

stepped in dog poop on the way into the meeting, and i rubbed it off my shoe on the stair to the platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit