Ghosts and Spooky things

by Crazy151drinker 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary

Well, I've never had an experience with the supernatural, but I would still caution anyone who's considering trying out the Ouija Board. Even though alot have left the Borg, I firmly believe that Satan, demons or ghosts or whatever you wanna call them, are real. Yes, we were all instilled with a morbid fear of the demons, but I've seen enough documentaries on TV interviewing many people who are not JWs, and some of them have had really bad experiences with these entities.

The Exorcist is loosly based on a true story and I guess when they were making the movie, wierd shit started happening all the time: fires starting out of nowhere, cast or crew were thrown around by unseen forces. While of course this could be made-up stuff to promote the movie, I think it's worth noting that Linda Blair was in therapy for years after she made that movie.

So please use caution. I think people can get themselves into trouble because of dabbling in stuff that maybe as humans, we shouldn't be.

Just my 2 cents.........

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    About 90% of everything in this thread that seems "spooky", could easily be manufactured in your minds,

Yeah, but even if that's correct, that still leaves 10% unexplained....

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Any London'ers here been to the Tower of London?? (thats probably an automatic yes). Ive seen a couple of shows about it on the History channel. A lot of spooky stuff there, but what do expect with all the 'unfriendly' exicutions and stuff! :) Last time I was in London, I went to the wax torture place. Never Again!

• zev
    zev

even if i did, i wouldnt admit it, everyone would think i'm knuts.

but i did.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

reborn............naughty! you all know that "that" pic is a joke, right?!

I have had "experiences" w/the paranormal, but will save those stories for another time. A great site to look at is http://www.theshadowlands.net/ghost/

Edited by - scootergirl on 31 July 2002 18:46:53

• John Newby
    John Newby

I was always amazed that the Society take the stand that they do on the paranormal; and yet the question remains; exactly how many paranormal investigations has the Governing Body ever been on??? There are 2 basic types of hauntings: residual--which are psychic impressions of some traumatic event that impresses itself on the area; such as in the case of suicide, murder, torture, etc. (even non-death-related events which have a high emotional content can leave psychic impressions! This is known as soul-fragmentation; where as a result of a traumatic event can actually leave a part of your soul at a particular place) and active--in which the spirit can manifest physical phenomena and interact with this side. Many of these active hauntings are spirits of people who died suddenly and have no idea that they are dead. Some are people who died and are attached to places and things, such as alcoholics (which results in haunted bars), priests (who spent all their lives and emotional energy in a monastery or church) mental patients and incorrigible convicts (which REALLY leaves a psychic mark at prisons and mental institutions), etc.; people who have unfinished business for a myriad reasons. While others are spirits called up through ouija, seances, and various magickal rituals; and not properly dismissed.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

What if I was an alcoholic sexually abused priest involved in a murder suicide, but I died in a car crash while reading JWN on my iPhone. Who or what would I haunt?

Welcome to JWN

• John Newby
    John Newby

Most likely my attic or basement!!!

• John Newby
    John Newby

.....or toilet

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Did you ever think that maybe after all your "playing" with the deadbolt you might have damaged it, and it wasn't working properly?

As for the smell - it problaby WAS an electrical fire.

As for the blinds and door - sombody WAS in your apartment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit