Who is an atheist here, just wondering?

by spectromize 49 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

MDS,

you blew me off on chat the other day. When can I expect a free copy of the "report" in the mail?

Spec,

I don't know if there is a god or not. Does that make me agnostic? Whatever we believe now, some of us were JW's. That's why we post here.

• larc
    larc

Hey spec,

I have expressed my beliefs here before, but I don't want to go into them again, because I don't want to stumble you.

The second question you asked: Why do I post here? Because the religion you belong to has damaged a lot of people and it is good to share our experiences as part of the healing process.

• Prisca
    Prisca

What drug is MDS on, and where can I get some?

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Spec,
    I believe there is some sort of higher being. But not a God such as most mainstream religions teach. That would be a judgmental god, and I don't believe there would be judgment based on doctrinal issue.
    I believe people would be accepted for who they are not what they believe.
    TW

• reigninhell
    reigninhell

Solus_Sophist, that is the exact definition of a Satanist! Good for you...

I think the Drug MDS is on, is faith. It's an addictive drug, but hey, like Heroin, you need never think again! Send me $100 and I'll sell you some. ;-)

I'm sure not an Atheist. Atheism is a religion, takes as much blind faith to follow as the JW's. I'm an Ex-JW, Ex-Pioneer, Ex-Microphone-passer. Don't even ask about my beliefs, it's way too complicated.

I'm here to keep my mind flexible. And to see exactly how stupid I used to be. Pretty damn guliable by the looks of it. I can't figure out why I never saw all the cracks, years before I did. And arguing against all the things I used to argue for, has got to help complete the debrainwashing process.

Reign In Hell

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

Hi,

I am not an atheist in it's strict sense but my God as I define her is nature. Why am I here? Same reason as most others here I have been involved with JW's.

THP

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings All,
    I'm here for various reasons,,,,I've considered myself a humanist for a few yrs now,,,,,,there is no supernatural sky parent in my personal philosophy........(yes I'm a former JW) regards,Tina

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Have you wondered why exJWs more often than not become agnostic?

No doubt there are a number of reasons, but could one be that the Witness organisation conditions its members to disregard Jesus? They talk about him, but don't have him as their Lord. They have replaced him with a publishing organisation with bureaucrats and functionaries as its ministers.

Just a thought.

Ozzie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day spectromize,

Calling all Norwegians! I was almost an atheist but never quite made it. My homemade 'reality catapult' flung me well clear of the JW/christian castle but not quite into the Viking fort. (phew what a ride)

unclebruce, happily finishing the journey baggage free, feet on the ground, one step at a time.

PS: Atheism is just what JWs need in my opinion. Completely clear their heads of the fundy mindtrap, make them all atheist for a year then let 'em go free ...

• Angharad
    Angharad

I still believe in some sort of higher being ('God'), but I don't think it is like the society teaches.

Also after learning a lot more about science and the Earth I cannot believe in the creation theory, evolution must happen and is happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit