Who is an atheist here, just wondering?

by spectromize 49 Replies latest jw friends

• spectromize
    spectromize

I would like to know who is an atheist here and why you like to take part in discussions on this board?

Thanks for your replies.

• MDS
    MDS

Hello Spectromize:

Just wondering if you could please comment on the following information, provide some clarification on the subject.

"KINGS...STANDING AT A DISTANCE" -- WHO ARE THEY? (Revelation 18:9, 10)

Spec, actually, we today, can say with complete confidence, that these "kings of the earth", of Revelation 18:9, 10 CANNOT be political figures themselves. Actually, no. Why?

This is because when the Woman [Babylon the Great] is said to be destroyed by the scarlet-colored political "beast," yes, the "kings of the earth" are "STANDING AT A DISTANCE," yes, “standing at a distance,” weeping profusely over her destruction, as clearly indicated at Revelation 18:9,10. – Please consider.

Yes, according to Revelation 18:9, 10, these verses, clearly place these "kings of the earth" in a different perspective from the political "beast" that carries out the devastation upon Babylon. Let's see.

Actually, the direct quotes from the Watch Tower Society's publications on the subject, indicate this. To clear up the matter of just who these "kings of the earth" are, let's first notice this quote concerning the "ten horns" of Revelation 17:12-14 who carry out the destruction of Babylon the Great. On page 594 par. # 1 of the publication "Babylon the Great HAS FALLEN! -- God Kingdom Rules," we find this comment. It says:

"In Daniel's prophecy, horns on the head of a symbolic animal are used to represent individual kings or national rulers. As the number ten is used in the Bible to stand for earthly completeness or perfection, the expression "ten horns" would symbolize, not ten literally, but ALL OR THE COMPLETE NUMBER OF KINGS OR NATIONAL RULERS ON EARTH."

Yes, in this explanation, "ten" represents earthly completeness and therefore stands for the "COMPLETE NUMBER of kings or national rulers on earth." Yes, these "kings" will be united in their destruction of Babylon the Great.

However notice this comment from the same publication on page 609 par. # 1 on the subject of the "kings of the earth." It states:

"Those mourning kings COULD HARDLY BE IDENTICAL IN PERSONALITY with the symbolic ten horns of the scarlet colored wild beast that hate the harlot, Babylon the Great, and devastate her and burn her with fire. They are kings or political rulers who fornicated and enjoyed shameless luxury with her during her popularity and who do not turn on her. They have been taken by surprise, because, as they themselves mournfully say, Jehovah's execution of judgment upon her arrived `in one hour.' What fun they used to have with her! But, when judgment comes like a thief, they cannot help or preserve her for their further unclean pleasure. Afraid to interfere, they stand off in fear of sharing the fiery torment with her. Still, they share responsibility for her crimes. So, next in order they will inescapably suffer pain when God executes judgment upon them."

ISN'T THIS A CONTRADICTION?

In the first explanation, the WTS plainly says the "ten horns" are the "complete number of kings or national rulers on earth." "THE COMPLETE NUMBER" of them. That point is clear.

But, then, the Watchtower Society now says, that there are OTHER "kings"...yes, OTHER "KINGS OF THE EARTH," other political Rulers, Other political forces, "NOT IDENTICAL" to the "Ten Horn Beast," that do not necessarily carry out the destruction of Babylon the Great, but only "STAND AT A DISTANCE," of her destruction and "mourn" over her. How can this be?

Who are these Other "Kings of the Earth," we ask?

Can you say, Spec?

Yes, in the second explanation, we've noticed the WTS has said the "mourning," "kings of the earth", who "stand at a distance" of the destruction of Babylon the Great, yes, "could hardly be identical in personality with the symbolic ten horns of the scarlet colored wild beast." So then, who are they, we ask?

This is in light of the fact that the Watchtower Society also teaches the "ten horns" on the Political "Wild Beast," does picture the "COMPLETE NUMBER number of rulers upon the earth". Yes, that's the "COMPLETE NUMBER." Now, how are we to understand this, Spec?

How can this be?

Yes, Spec, if the "ten horn" beast represents the "complete number of kings on earth,".... then....who are these other "kings," who "stand at a distance" and "mourn" the destruction of "Babylon the Great," who are they? Yes, where did they come from and how are they different from the "complete number of rulers upon the earth?

Can you answer this, Spec?

Yes, Spec, how can you harmonize this teaching with the Holy Scriptures and good, common sense "reasoning." -- Acts 17:2, 17; Romans 12:1

It appears, this teaching is a complete, contradiction of the Watchtower Society. Those pages again are: 594 par. 1 and 609 par. 1, from the “Babylon the Great Has Fallen – God’s Kingdom Rules” Publication. Check out for yourself and see if this is not what the WTS teaches.

MDS

"...who has believed the THING HEARD" [the "Report"] -- Isa. 53:1; John 12:38

• claudia
    claudia

Spec, I am begining to lean towards non christian beliefs. I have found that most truly evil people that i have known are christian. Does christinity foster evilness? Is satan an atheist?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Specs,

To say that there is no God at all is almost as stupid as saying that God definitely exists. It`s just the same as saying that life does / does not exist on other planets.

The trouble with JW`s is that they have to be certain about everything, I think that not knowing everything for sure adds a little piquancy to life.

Englishman.

Englishman.

• Moridin
    Moridin

I definitly lean towards the athiests view. I don't believe in a higher power or anything that controls our actions.

• Moridin
    Moridin

I definitly lean towards the athiests view. I don't believe in a higher power or anything that controls our actions.

• solus_sophist
    solus_sophist

I believe in god...not GOD. My definition of god is morality. These are often considered one and the same, especially by religous persons. Since I set my own standards as to my morality, I guess that makes ME my own god. COOL!! (btw...if anyone would like to join my cult and volunteer all of your time, money and services to the cause, feel free to email me! Just don't ask any stupid questions...I do all the thinkin' 'round here!)

• ianao
    ianao

"God" exists (otherwise we would not be here).
    The question is not who is "God", but WHAT is "God", IMO.

• somebody
    somebody

Englishman,

To say that there is no God at all is almost as stupid as saying that God definitely exists. It`s just the same as saying that life does / does not exist on other planets.

That is a strong statement. Why do you always have to make me think so much?

Stop the insanity! ( I always say that when someone baffles me. )

peace,
    somebody

• somebody
    somebody
    I believe in god...not GOD. My definition of god is morality. These are often considered one and the same, especially by religous persons. Since I set my own standards as to my morality, I guess that makes ME my own god. COOL!! (btw...if anyone would like to join my cult and volunteer all of your time, money and services to the cause, feel free to email me! Just don't ask any stupid questions...I do all the thinkin' 'round here!)

Solus,

Welcome to the board ...and you're very funny!

:-)

somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit