How about some embarrassing 80's pics?

by LyinEyes 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Sorry! I am too young to show an embarrising 80's pict, LOL.

But here's a 90's. Dressed to go for fieldservice. Except for the shoes...

Viv.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hey!!! Why didn't that work???

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Okay, I want to play too. I don't have any 80's pictures, but I have an early 90's picture. I'm fat because I had not lost the baby weight and I have way too much hair. Sometimes I even tease it! Yuk.

Edited by - Dutchie on 20 July 2002 21:18:25

• arachnia
    arachnia

Well, is this the epitome of the 80's or what? The pic on the left is a shot from the the "Best Friends" photo package at Olan Mills - I'm the one on the right. I didn't ask for that mushroom-do haircut, however, a sister who was a hairdresser did it for me and insisted that I let her experiment. Never again. In fact, it was the last perm I ever had, thankfully. The photo on the right is my senior photo. (Class of '88!)

For the sake of reference, this is me at my wedding last July. Only difference btwn now and then is I've lost some weight and my hair is longer now.

\

Edited by - arachnia on 20 July 2002 21:42:57

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Dutchie, Honey, if you call that fat, we need to talk!

HOT, that's what comes to my mind.

• Nikita
    Nikita

Cute pics WT and LE! Dakota Red, very nice! Incense, aww, what a cutie! Arachnia, yes those sure do look like the epitome of the 80's! You look great but I like the new look even better! And Dutchie-what fat????? You looked great!

jjrizo & vivamus-your pics aren't showing-you need to upload them to a server and then copy and paste them

Here is one of me (on the left), Mr Biggs (in back), a friend of mine, and in the front is my baby brother who sometimes posts here as Quincy (who was never a JW!) It was about 1985 I think.

Leslie, aka "Nikita"

Edited by - Nikita on 20 July 2002 21:47:33

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Oh, Nikita, that photo is priceless! You are all so darn cute!

• Solace
    Solace

Dakota looks cute in Jeans doesnt he?

arachnia, I love your graduation pic, so cute! You look like you had fun. I remember the outfits back then. Like Totally Thompson twins & Madonna ya' know?

Dutc hie, Im just curious, how old are you? Its strange but when I was in my early 20's I always thought I was fat etc. Now that Im 31, for some reason I have accepted myself, have a more realistic view of proportion and have more self esteem . You mentioned something about teasing hair?! Take a look at me in this pic. In the early 90's "Aqua net - Xtra Super Hold" was my middle name. This picture is of me and my daughter and believe it or not, we were on our way to the memorial when this was taken. I dont think Armageddon itself could have put my hair out of place.

Edited by - heaven on 20 July 2002 22:19:4

• Nikita
    Nikita

Aww, thanks Dutchie!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Heaven,

Not only do I remember Aqua Net. I have a can in my cabinet.

Okay, thanks Heaven, now I have to reveal my age! I'm 38 years old and I have always been really thin. As a matter of fact even having babies did not affect my weight, more than 10 or 15 pounds. But those pounds you can definitely see in that picture. Well, at least I see them.

Sweet picture of you and the baby!

Edited by - Dutchie on 20 July 2002 22:29:42

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit