Helping Newbies Understand YOU KNOW

by JT 40 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

Asitaka

Why? For doing what you're doing here. How is what he did different from you?

I remember when I lived in Southern California, I got the bright idea that I was going to take up surfing. I saw these young guys out there making it look soooo easy. So I borrowed a surfboard and paddled out into the frigid water to wait for the next set. What I realized is that an 8 foot wave doesn't look that big when you are standing on the shore, but when you are laying prone on a board looking back over your shoulder as the wave starts to lift the board it looks like a tsumani bearing down on you. Moments later when you and your board are sent tumbling, like in a giant washing machine, you realize that things are not always like they seem. The point is, that we never really know how we are going to deal with tests of your faith until we are in the middle of it.

Peter wrote: "Beloved ones, do not be puzzled at the burning among you, which is happening for a trial, as though a strange thing were befallling you. On the contrary, go on rejoicing forasmuch as you are sharerers in the sufferings of the Christ."

Typically we think of the sufferings of the Christ as applying to his death on the torture stake. But, Jesus suffered in other ways that were more sublte. For instance, he was thught by his own family to be out of his mind. He was many times distressed over the insensitivity of the Jews and the failings of his own apostles. So the burning that occurs among us are these sorts of trials that God allows to take place among us. We usually are much more resolute in the face of persecution from outside the congregation but for some reason we are not willing to tolerate persecution from within the congregation. That's why Peter urged us not to view it as a "strange thing" when it occurs.

You know what I'm saying, right? Is it just congregational, or have you seem this too?

It is institutional, unfortunately. If you are interested in Jehovah's perspective on the issue read the 34th chapter of Ezekiel. It is Jehovah's judicial decisions leveled against the bad shepherds of his flock. Naturally the Society applies that to the clergy. But, Jehovah says that the shepherds are shoving his sheep out of the flock and abusing them in various ways. Obviously, that doesn't apply to false religion becuase God refers to it as his flock of sheep. So God's judgment is to retire the bad shepherds and take over his flock by means of his shepherd "David." That is what will occur when Christ "arrives." / You Know

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh come on you guys! YK is probably a charismatic person in the flesh, he probably has a pet cat, loves his missus and likes to watch The Sound Of Music over and over again.

He does his own thing within the confines of the WTBTS without being slung out on his ear, has a gift of the gabb which he uses here with impunity, and ridicules anyone who disagrees with him about anything.

He would probably be stimulating company in a pub or at a party or even in the chat room. True, he's an absolute arsehole, but so are lots of interesting people.

Englishman.

• dubla
    dubla

has a gift of the gabb which he uses here with impunity, and ridicules anyone who disagrees with him about anything.

yeah, the constant ridicule and schoolyard name-calling is what really detracts from his on-line persona. hes no doubt intelligent (many "challenged" people are), but the credibility goes right down the toilet in the midst of a thousand insults. its sad really.

maybe youre right eman....perhaps hed lighten up over a beer or two.

aa

• You Know
    You Know

but the credibility goes right down the toilet in the midst of a thousand insults. its sad really.

Apparently that's only wishful think on your part. / You Know

• TR
    TR

It would be interesting to actually talk to some 'hovahs that know YK.

TR

• 11thHour
    11thHour

When Jesus was on earth, he actually had a common name from a unpopular town, so how would you all feel if he came today and was Carlos from Pueblo?

So what if he mows the lawn, or handles the Mike, Would you have all laughed to see Jesus washing someones feet?

I will state this AGAIN, "For you behold his calling of you brothers , that not many wise in a fleshly way were called, not many powerful, not many of noble birth: but God chose the FOOLISH of the world that he might put the wise men to shame." 1 Cor 1:26

Remember that " many that are first will be last, and the last first." Matthew 19:20

WE ARE LAST NOW in you eyes and foolish, but even Jesus was ridiculed.

So have compassion, and love like Christ admonished us,,, Love, instead of ridicule...

Edited by - 11thHour on 18 July 2002 12:36:51

• dubla
    dubla

11th hour-

ive noticed youve been defending yk, which is entirely within your own rights of opinion. you made a statement here though, that interests me:

So have compassion, and love like Christ admonished us,,, Love, instead of ridicule...

you either: A) are completely ignoring the constant ridicule that yk injects into his posts, or B) havent been on the forum long enough to know just how much ridicule yk spews, instead of the love you speak of. if you are simply unfamiliar with yks repeated ridicule, and youd like a list of links to these examples, let me know and id be happy to comprise a quick one. welcome to the board btw.

aa

Edited by - dubla on 18 July 2002 13:5:18

• 11thHour
    11thHour

You know, thanks for your story I am sorry you were not reappointed, but Jesus said in Matthew 19:30 the first will be last and the last first."

Jehovah will give his undeserved kindness to the humble ones. And we must never forget that, Imperfect men cant give us power, only Jehovah,

Brother Russell did not like counting Hours and so many Positions or status for Gods people, He knew what was right, so we just have to hang in there, Jehovah will be on our side...

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hey 12 hour! Do you like Disco??? I suggest you check out 1975! It was a great year! Good thing the world didnt end! Oops!

Fools Hate Knowledge

• Stealth
    Stealth

Brother Russell did not like counting Hours....

Now that was funny.

Probably because he was too busy counting the hours until the end of the world. So far he was only off by about 800,000 hours. Not bad.... from Jehovah's point of view.

-S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit