Helping Newbies Understand YOU KNOW

by JT 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I knew a sister once who like Y/K thought she was of the anointed. She bit the cookie & drank the wine etc. Come to find out she was having menopause. She's not even around anymore. He he he You/Know. Your next.

• You Know
    You Know

Just to set you straight, assuming that that is even humanly possible, and to give others a bit of my background to help them "understand You Know," as you say:

I have served as an elder in numerous congregations spanning more than a decade. By the way, Paul at one time mentioned to the Corinthians that it wasn't good to boast, but the slander of the superfine apostles forced him to reiterate his credentials as an apostle. In my case, from the first time I got on the platform the brothers always told me that I had a gift. The city overseer of a large city once told me that he and some other elders thought that I was the best speaker in the whole city, which I thought was quite an honor at the time. I was used in assemblies and gave wedding talks and funerals, and every year I was asked to either give the Memorial talk or the Special talk. Frequently I was asked at the last moment to fill in if some brother didn't show up, which I was also happy to do. At times I was invited by other congregations to give some sort of pep talk because the brothers really enjoyed my talks. At one point when my wife and I were pioneering I was recommended as a substitue CO but because my energy gave out on me I stopped pioneering and I ended up moving out of state.

At any rate, I was never removed as an elder or anything like that. But, as it turned out, when we moved out of state on another occasion I came into a new congregation highly recommended by the brothers from the previous congregations, but at the same time I began partaking, which caused a bit of a stir and deeply disturbed a couple of elders. I really love Jehovah's sense of humor, because the brothers never could have removed me for simply partaking, yet it was easier for them to just not re-appoint me. Anyway, an elder in the congregation told me later that there were some problems and contentions in the body of elders before I even got there, that some wanted the first palce, not unlike the superfine apostles of Corinth. Later several other elders moved out because of the rancorous atmosphere among the elders. Subsequently, far from being thought of as a flake, I was viewed with suspicion and as a potential rival because of my qualifications. So, I was just never reappointed. And after a couple of years we moved on, and of course from that point I came into a new congregation with no recommendation. However, I still enjoy the respect and esteem of most brothers and I remained at peace with even those brothers who abused their power.

But, from my standpoint I have no regrets. I serve Jehovah now in ways that I never could before. Paul said to the Corinthians who apparently sucummbed to the slanders directed against Paul: "You should have recommended me." I can say the same thing. Like the superfine apostles were a thorn in Paul's side that Jehovah allowed in order to prevent him from being overly exalted, I view my present situation of being denied from using my speaking gifts in behalf of the congregation, because my calling isn't met with approval my some brothers, as a real privilege. For me it's an opportunity to conduct myself as a lesser one and prove my loyalty to Jehovah under a test that others have failed. So that's my little story. / You Know

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Removed, not recommended..........same thing.

• thewiz
    thewiz

so i'm a flunky now too? because i refused to kiss the ass of the WTB&TS? i never attained MS or E. i never partook though, or claimed anything in that respect, but to be a great big pile of shit in their eyes. people who can't think for themselves.

i have all the lexicons and expositories, etc. to make my comments have more meaning (i haven't made a comment in over 3 years and have only attended once in that time). i even got to be pretty good at reading greek. i could read the whole 1st chapter of john entirely in greek as well as other NT passages, and understand it (all without using the WTB&TS pubs or interpretations). started with hebrew, but gave it up, as well as the greek about 6 years ago because of other obligations, not to mention, what was/is the point. i was on my way to becoming another Freddy Franz, i guess. a self described scholar. hey at least i could identify the letters Alpha and Omega in greek.

but you are right, and i realize that if a person (a man, of course) doesn't make it to the status of MS, in my estimation, a maximum of 2 years they are considered spiritually immature, by the WTB&TS. but getting to be a MS, E, CO, DO, BO, ZO (get it? BOZO), and even GB is about kissing ass.

JT, do you, or have you ever, believed in God or the bible?

• You Know
    You Know

Removed, not recommended..........same thing.

No. That's not true. You don't know what you are talking about. / You Know

• seawolf
    seawolf
    i guess the photo should tell us it aint no jw, cause they are scare "Shits" out of anything that may be demonic

That was what I thought the first time I saw his nick photo. At my hall, if I mentioned I like Darth Maul I'd go flying out the front door so fast I'd break the sound barrier.

• You Know
    You Know

I knew a sister once who like Y/K thought she was of the anointed. She bit the cookie & drank the wine etc. Come to find out she was having menopause. She's not even around anymore. He he he You/Know. Your next.

Gulp! Really? You mean I am going to start getting hot flashes? / You Know

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

hey can I have a fantasy world toooo....

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

This thread is damnably interesting...I've been waiting for a year to hear YK give a synopsis of his JW life.

Anyway, I have to concede that YK is right about not being reappointed and being removed. Being removed is normally for a wrong committed by family or by that elder. Not reappointing simply means that the elder body of the new cong. doesn't like you. That's all it takes, really.

While I'm still puzzled by YK's actual position on things, you have to admit, when he's not calling us dogs, he's sure an intersting read.

Still YK, I have a friend who spoke as you did. He could see the wrongs in the cong, and yet is a very spiritual man. He loves people and shares your appetite for prophecy. Yet, they labeled him an apostate when he spoke to elders about his feelings on things. Mind you, he wasn't teaching anything, but like you, help varying opinions on WT dogma. He did think that reform was needed, and that the WT was wrong or mistaken on some points.

He, in turn, was forced out of the cong. (Not DF'd, just marked and ignored out of the cong)

Why? For doing what you're doing here. How is what he did different from you? Like you he special pioneered, worked where the need was greater, made himself educationless and penniless for God, yet voraciously read the bible and told people about Him.

That's what I didn't understand from the minute I came here. My friend was cast out for talking about scripture, and not a day in his life did anything immoral. He is a picture of virtue. He's never even kissed a girl. He did not even hold such opinions as you. All he said was that the WT magazines should not be held above the bible as the true word of God. And that was it for him.

You know what I'm saying, right? Is it just congregational, or have you seem this too?

ash

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Anyway, I have to concede that YK is right about not being reappointed and being removed. Being removed is normally for a wrong committed by family or by that elder

I was removed and did nothing wrong. The only thing I was guilty of was being fabulous....oooogaaah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit