JARACZ: What Did He Really Mean?

by Englishman 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    There is a 'privacy' law in the UK, call the Data Protection Act I believe. It governs fairly tightly the information that can be kept on anyone. I'm no expert but from what I've heard I doubt very much if they can keep any detailed records on any allegation or judicial action. You'd think an "Englishman" would know that.

Actually we have absolutely no Privacy Laws whatsoever. We do have a Freedom of Information act, this allows us to see what credit reference agencies have to say about us. This also includes the file that is held at a doctors surgery about our health, and also includes any info that is on file with Jehovahs witnesses.

While we are not entitled to privacy at all, we are at least allowed to see what others are saying about us. But that's it, folks, no privacy at all!

Englishman.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I thought Englishmen were good at riddles. Riddle me this, riddle me that, when is a pussy .......... oh never mind.

TJ: I'm not going to repeat, I'm just going to tell you, you can see it all in writing. You know the Bible says do not go beyond the things that are written. We do not go beyond the things that are written.

I think Jaracz was saying they've already written down in their publicity speel what their policy is. He's probably a tad confused about what is in the Bible and what is written by the WT (same thing to him). So he is saying don't go beyond what is written - meaning: what the WT publicity department has written. Geez what is wrong with you people? Don't you understand nuffin?

Marilyn

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'd bet lots of money he meant it directly in context with it's source, the bible. He meant "we dont' go beyond the bible". Reiterating the reason they are in this mess, and to an old fool like him, it's probably a proud mess to be in. "Look, they want us to comprimise bible principles! They want us to not follow the two witness rule. NEVER".

Soon enough, lawyers and not-so-hardliners will prevail (cuz Teddy wants to keep his position even more than he wants to show Jah what a stand-up a-hole he is). They will drop the two witness rule, in special circumstances. They will likely be quiet about it. They will likely tuck it into weasel words that make it look as if their position is not changing.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Marilyn,

I think your right.

I think teddy boy doesn't realize the non JW world can't be put off the same way the Brothers can.

He's got his wires definitely crossed, I think all those old GBers are really loosing their grip on reality. That's why I think the GB is going down they are too old and senile to govern any more. I'm sure Teddy's little episode with Panarama has gotten a few of those dead heads on the GB to think twice about letting him lead any more.

We all grow old even mind control cult leaders, eventually something has got to give with all this bad publicity for the WT. I think Teddy has seen his glory days flash before his eyes, the day he spoke to Panarama. I'm sure the rest of those dumb-coffs on the GB are shitting there pants right now.

• teejay
    teejay

That was my thought, Six.

'We don't go beyond what's written' was his way of saying, "the bible says two witnesses, so...'

Totally clueless, totally out of touch with the real world, parenthood, at-risk children....

What else *could* he say? I forget who, but somebody said: "you never change horses in midstream."

Kids aren't (never were) the issue. Policy, procedure, and image is. Might as well stick with it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Well, Mrs Ozzie and I watched it last night and we were stunned! Stunned by the fact that they were well and truly convicted, the case against them, at last, has been proved. How powerfully the case was made, little by little, step by step, just as in a criminal case, which it is of course.

So, Eman, what did Jarasz mean? Well, I'll offer a different view to what has already been offered.

I took "the words written" to mean THE SCRIPTURES, in particular the text that speaks of "the two witnesses". The questioner was asking about that, and Jarasz was 'answering' that point.

Of course, Jarasz was shown as a bumbling idiot, but I suppose, given the context and being confronted like he was, most of us would find that we couldn't give a particularly fluent answer.

Still, the program demonstarted the truth of the accusations made, didn't it?

And those police interviews! WOW! Stunning stuff!

I think some other poster has said that this waqs better than Dateline. I agree.

Cheers, Ozzie

• tdogg
    tdogg

We do not go beyond the things that are written.

I wish I had that quote when I was told I had to wear a tie and suit to meeting, when I played chess, when I bought Star Wars figures, when i had to do at least 5 hrs of service a month, make a comment at every meeting, not wear top-sider shoes, never see a rated R movie, wear a no-blood bracelet, highlight all the answers in my Watchtower, not play organised sports, not salute the flag,....anyone want to take over?.....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

............. and don't forget beards!

Cheers, Ozzie (Free now class)

• abbagail
    abbagail
    "Focusing on numbers isn't meaningful" they said.Did anyone else notice this rediculous statement?

Absolutely! It jumped out at me like a BOMB!!!! And my Translation:

"Focusing on VICTIMS isn't meaningful."

GRITS

• Room 215
    Room 215

What did jaracz mean? He wishes HE knew! I submit that this petty tyrant, so accustomed to being fawned over by scores of worshipful dubbies in the tiny, insular cosmos where he rules the roost, was simplly flustered when confronted by a hard and fair questioner from the real world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit