abbagail

Emperor Class wrote:

sheeple

LOL. That's a first for me!

Edited by - grits on 15 July 2002 13:25:16

• abbagail
    abbagail

One wrote:

GB member really think they are above everybody, KINGS, should not be questioned.

If I hadn't of lived it, I probably wouldn't believe it...
    During my JW years, a sister had moved down from NY to live in Florida. Since she didn't have a car, I got to take her to meetings and we became friends. She was about 20 years older that me, in her 50's at the time. She was one hard-headed, loud, outspoken sis (NY/Italian/Catholic turned JW). Anyway, seems when she lived in Manhattan, she was chummy with the "Kings," and I tell no lies, that is how she referred to them ALL THE TIME. She would ramble on and on nostalgically about all of the dinner parties she held in her NY apt. for "THE KINGS." Evidently she had owned a HUGE dinner table, but had to sell it before moving to Florida to live in a smaller apt. She referred to that dining table fondly and frequently as "THE TABLE OF THE KINGS," and she longed to again have it and the dinner parties that went with it. The KINGS, The KINGS, The KINGS! I did like hearing her stories, but at the same time I thought she was being either overly dramatic and/or succumbing to "creature worship." :-)

GRITS

• SYN
    SYN

Dutchie: Yeah, I was wondering that too! Those front seats at the Conventions are reserved for the "We Got Front Row Seats, MWUHAHAH" Class of Dubs!

• comforter
    comforter

Great answers from brother Jaracz. Go brother! When Satan's minions try to hem ye in, turn the tables on em!

Comforter

• SYN
    SYN

Oh dear.

Edited to add:

Edited by - SYN on 15 July 2002 13:53:11

• Satanus
    Satanus

Grits

It's totally biblical. The 144,000 are called kings in rev. Take it up w the bible. Paul had already, years before rev was written, contradicted that, by sasking 'you have begun ruling as kings already, have you?'. His own life contradicted his words, there, as he acted as a ruling king in his congregations. He was already a king, like jaracz.

SS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Great answers from brother Jaracz.

lol....Comforter,

It seems that your understanding of the English language is as compromised as that of your grasp of Biblical Hebrew.

Thanks for the chuckle - HS

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

There is a 'privacy' law in the UK, call the Data Protection Act I believe. It governs fairly tightly the information that can be kept on anyone. I'm no expert but from what I've heard I doubt very much if they can keep any detailed records on any allegation or judicial action. You'd think an "Englishman" would know that.

• dmouse
    dmouse

The few seconds interview with Jaracz was bizarre to say the least.

I wonder if he was alluding to the data protection act, which means that people can keep databases as long as others are informed that they are on it and can have access to information held about themselves? Also, I wonder if there are any European directives relating to a paedophile's right to anonymity once they have served their term? I know the USA has Megan's law but we in the UK don't have that.

And what was that crap about we don't go beyond the things that are written. Does he mean the things the Society have said about child abuse? If so he is talking about WBTS policy as if it was scripture itself. If so, what blasphemy!

And another thing, JWs are always going beyond what is written. Except they don't because they interpret the scriptures to mean anything they damn well want. So what is written in the bible doesn't mean diddly squat.

My other thought on this, because it sounds to me like he is referring to a written article given to the press to answer their questions, is how can they NOT go beyond what is written if they have written it! Surely they need to update teachings in line with new light. Or does this now mean that NO new light will ever be forth coming because the GB have lost their bottle and will continue to regurgitate only what has been written before?

I think you are right D Wiltshire, it was baffle em with bullshit time! Either that or the man is going senile.

Edited by - dmouse on 15 July 2002 14:6:27

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Don't know the answer but bet this is what he was referring to:

http://www.dss.state.ct.us/digital/eupriv.html

I use a satellite in a remote area for internet and can not put the url in a window. Will someone do it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit