NGO ? Please help!

by Bosho 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• larc
    larc

Bosho, I know you are excited about what you have learned. I know you are busting to share this information. I understand your enthusiasm. With this being said, I recommend that you do not share your knew found information with others, at least not for awhile, until you have figured out how to give this information in a way that will help the recipient. Loads of information pushed in someone's face does not work. Think about it.

• Bosho
    Bosho

Larc,

Duly noted, thanks for the advice.

Bsoho

• Xander
    Xander

And Larc has a point that you really MUST pay close attention to.

You recall being a 'good' JW, no? If someone even HINTED at a problem with the org, you just immediately 'tuned out'. Or, worse, immediately labelled them as 'apostate' and proceeded to make an anathema of them.

The point is that you never let them finish their message to you because of your conditioned responses the org trained you to have. (Just like the conditioned response to proclaim loudly how not brainwashed we were....uh....yeah....that's irony....)

You just gotta take it slow. Introduce questions to friends/family SLOWLY and never in a 'look what I just found' or 'I have these questions' kind of way.

Just introduce doubt SLOWLY. Point out some of the inconsistencies as they come up, but if it is obvious it's a REAL problem, follow up with "But, I'm sure all will be explained" or something else that makes it seem you are still towing the party line.

I'm sure Amazing from this board has more extensive advice. Me? Well, I just don't talk w/ my family any more, so it's kind of a non-issue, I guess.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Bosho,

Larc is a Phd dude with loads of experience and posts some of the most amasing information on this board. I'm just a puny BSch. ssp. dude.

I always take the time to slowly read his posts and follow his recommendations and suggestions. In my mind, he is an expert in this field of JWism and how to handle touchy situations with JWs.

I strongly recommend that you follow his advice and of course the advice of Xander too.

cS - thanks for the nice comments

hawk

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Thanks Hawkaw

I've made a note of the information, and will phone them

Also thanks for your offer of a photocopy, but as you will understand, I really want an original - everyone is suspicious of photocopies or anthing from the internet!

twinkle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit