NGO ? Please help!

by Bosho 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bosho
    Bosho

Hi everyone

I've only just joined but I would be grateful if you could give me some information on this NGO business.

I live in England, am completly ignorant and no nothing about the UN (everything I learnt in school went in one ear and out the other as did much else I learnt!)

I would be grateful if someone could explain what NGO is exactly and how JW's were involved with it.

Much appreciated

• Bosho
    Bosho

Okay!

Stupid me!

Just found the "UN thing" thread. There was so much information on the NGO threads but I really couldn't find any answers till I found this thread.

I'll go and read it properly now!

By the way. I take it it's not a legal requirement to join then?

Regards

Bosho

• zev
  • Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Hiya,

Welcome to the board

If you click the search button at the top of this page and do a search for United nations or NGO, I'm sure you'll find a wealth of info, the topic has been covered many times already. Care to tell us a little about yourself?

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error
    By the way. I take it it's not a legal requirement to join then?

It is if you want to be under their umbrella of protection... Make of that what you will

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

As Zev stated go to http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69

Zev's site does not list some of my newer documents that I have uncovered like the 2001/2002 directory and the 1998 Awake rag. Thus, I suggest you go to Randy's site for those at http://www.freeminds.org and then click on the title "United Nations Scandal".

hawk

• Xander
    Xander

This 2001/2002 directory may have been what I was looking for in another thread.

That is actually a print publication, no?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Yes it is in print seeing I photcopied it and scanned it.

It is available at any UN depository library and can be ordered through them.

hawk

• Xander
    Xander

YES!

This IS what I'm looking for!

It was suggested it did not exist in print.

So, what exactly in the name of the publication? (We have a UN depository in an almost local city library)

Do they generally let you check them out for any amount of time? Or, is this a photocopy-in-the-library-only kind of thing?

Thanks for the info!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Can you tell me what your library is with the UN depository in it is? I can look up the information for you.

I was able to check my 1994 and 1997 ones out from Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario but all libraries are different. Also local NGOs who are "associated" with DPI will also have a copy for you as well. Look up the list and see if an "associated" NGO is close by to where you live. Most want to help.

To see the actual names of the documents go to Randy's or Zev's site. I spent a lot of time photocopying, scanning and then sending these documents to these people just for this purpose.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit