NGO ? Please help!

by Bosho 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Gopher,

Respectfuly you are kinda incorrect. Its very important to get the terminology right or you will get killed in an argument with a JW.

Bosho

You DO NOT have to be a religion to be a "nongovernmental organization" (NGO).

An "nongovermental organization" (NGO) is a "corporation" that has a "not for profit" status. In other words a bunch of people get together to do some good volunteering. Thus they organize their group into a "corporation" for business reasons and run the organization as "not for profit".

The meaning of "non-governmental organization" (NGO) has absolutely nothing to do with being a religion or not a religion. Most religions are NGOs for the simple fact that the religions are "corporations" and are "not for profit". If a religion were profit oriented and/or not a corporation, then they would NOT be defined as an NGO.

Got it.

So the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Inc. of New York was and still is an "nongovernmental organization" (NGO).

Understand?

Now when an NGO wants to get in bed with the United Nations, there are a few ways they can do it. One way is to apply for "consultive" status with the UN's Economic and Social Counsel. These NGOs have to meet a certain critera including supporting the UN charter (supporting the UN charter means you support actions of War such as the 1950 Korean War which was "officially" led by the UN).

Other NGOs VOLUNTARILY APPROACH and APPLY to the United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI) for "associate" status. These NGOs have to meet criteria as well such as supporting the UN Charter and giving out information and programs that support the UN's activities. This is what the Watchtower applied for in 1991 and received accreditation in 1992 for by a DPI committee. Thus in 1992, the Watchtower became an "associated" NGO with the UN's DPI.

You are right that they signed documents but did you noticed that I capitalized the words "voluntarily approached and applied". In other words NO one held a gun to their heads. I think it is very important that you realize the Watchtower "solicited" the beast and NOT the other way around.

Now, note the words "associated NGO". The Watchtower was an "associated NGO" from 1992 to 2001 with the UN's DPI.

Got it.

Now in October, 2001 (when a few of us raised, well kinda .... ummmm ... well ... exposed the scandal ....) the Watchtower quickly requested to quit the UN's DPI. Thus, the DPI "disassociated" (the UN's actual word) the Watchtower from the UN.

Thus, the Watchtower was NO LONGER an "associated" NGO with the UN.

Today the Watchtower is STILL an NGO (ie a not for profit corporation) but they no longer have an "associated" status with the UN's DPI.

Got it?

Understand?

Its being an "associated NGO" that is important NOT being an NGO.

Understand?

I hope it helps.

Its also very important that you read over the WT rags of June 1, 1991 (Their refuge - a Lie) (note the last question in paragraph 10 and then paragraph 11. They use a direct quote from Robert Muller.

You will notice the 1991 WT conveniently misses the first sentence of the Muller quote in paragrpah 11. The missing sentence states "All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations. For example, ...". Remembering that 1991 was the year that the WTS voluntarily approached and applied to the UN's DPI, ask yourself why would they leave that sentence out of pargraph 11 seeing that sentence in Muller would make paragraph 11 stronger)

Also and just as important read over the Dec 1, 1976 WT (pp709-11).

They clearly tell us that Christendom (or Babylon the Great/false religion) represents herself at the UN by being accedited to the UN as non-governmental organizations. They talk about the danger and anyone joining in any "UN cry of Peace and Security" will face disaster.

And so what did the boys in Brooklyn do? Now go read your November 15, 2001 WT rag on hypocrisy.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 25 July 2002 13:46:26

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me - I have tried phoning the Ohio UN depository library as suggested in an earlier post, and asked if they could give me some phone numbers of similar outlets in England, where I could purchase a 2001/2002 NGO Directory. They gave me the phone numbers for the London School of Economics and the British Library but I still haven't managed to get a book. I have also phoned the HMSO (Her Majesty's Stationery Office - I think) but they do not have one in stock - they said that if I could get the ISBN( bar code /ref number) then they might be able to locate one on their computer and order one for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Got a better idea.

Look through the list of NGOs "associated" with DPI and find ones that are close to where you live.

Phone them up and ask for the book.

OR phone New York directly and ask the DPI how to get the book - 212-963-1842, 212-963-6842.

Facsimile 212-963-6914

Email - [email protected]

Or phone the main library at 212-963-7443

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Twinkle,

I actually have photo copied and scanned them at Randy's site (http://www.freeminds.org) and at Zev's site at (http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69/ )if you want to see them?

Note Zev does not have the 2001-02 directory due to lack of space but Randy does.

Do you want me to post them here?

hawk

• Dino
    Dino

Hawk is the very embodiment of resourcefulness.

• hawkaw
  • Gopher
    Gopher

Hawk,

Thanks for the clarification. I think I got it now. They're an NGO, but not any longer associated with the UN! (WTS sure knows how to complicate things)

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Gop,

exactly

hawk

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

hawkaw,
    I will always be grateful to you for exposing this unholy association, it opened my eyes.
    Caballo Sentado

• Bosho
    Bosho

Hawkaw

Thanks a lot for putting it so clearly for me! ;-)

The way you put that has helped me a great deal. Told you I was slow and needed it spelt out for me!

The timing is crucial isn't it?

Kinda puts me in mind of the boy caught with his pants down!

I have a meeting with an Elder Thursday, to "put all this to him". I have a feeling that words like "Marked" or "disapproved" will be uttered from the platform soon after.

I will post here exactly what reply he makes to all this. Should be interesting, unless he's like me and goes "Oh my GOD! I got it wrong all these years!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit