NGO ? Please help!

by Bosho 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Xander
    Xander

Hawk...

The Cleveland Public Library seems the easiest depository library for me to get at.

I hadn't thought about inquiring of local NGOs. I somehow doubt the local K.H. would have a copy , so I'd have to see if we have any others in the area.

I spent a lot of time photocopying, scanning and then sending these documents to these people just for this purpose.

Don't think we don't appreciate the work - it's great stuff.

Problem is, my plans are to show it to my JW family. Anything photocopied or printed off the net, etc will be dismissed offhand as 'apostate lies' and accused of being doctored, etc.

• zev
    zev

shhhhh!

don't tell anyone....

be vewy vewy quiet....

zev is an apostate

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    Also local NGOs who are "associated" with DPI will also have a copy for you as well. Look up the list and see if an "associated" NGO is close by to where you live. Most want to help.

Hey, here's an idea Xander.. Just goto Brooklyn and ask to see their DPI copy from their library <ROFL>...

• Bosho
    Bosho

Okay

Firstly a few things.

My mother and brother is a witness and so was my father right up to his death. I had no idea of this NGO thing.

Now, no offence to anyone here, but I figured if you want to know something find out for yourself.

So I email NGO from their homepage.

I was so surprised when they emailed me back so quickly (Same day!)

They stated that yes, WBTS joined in 1991 but then in October 2001 asked to be removed. As a result NGO disassocited WTBS on the 9th October 2001.

Right, I thought, So they were affilited with the UN. Okay phone their bethel and see what they have to say.

I spoke to a lady at the (what I assume) reception who put me through to another man.

I was answered very promptly and it was obviously something they've been questioned about a lot, because it didn't take them long to find some info to tell me (seconds!)

They didn't deny they had been joined but I see now where your quotes of "Library Card" come from.

He explained that when they joined, the NGo's charter held nothing that would violate their idea of scriptural principles. But then apparantly ten years later, the charter was changed and things were introduced that now would violate scriptural principles. So the WTBS got out when they could.

He explained that to use the UN's arcives and databases pictures, etc, they had to join NGO.

It will be interesting to see if they continue to use resources that come from the UN. if so, how will they get them now without their Library card. I asked him this and he had no answer (understandably as this wouldn't be his job anyway).

Now, I'm confused.

I have no idea and don't know how to find out if indeed the charter was changed.

Nothing else seems quite as right as this organisation. They obviously have their problems but then he who is without blame casts the first stone right?

Can I ask if everyone here believes the bible to be inspired of God or do you believe it to be man's work.

If you do believe it's inspired then which organisation is the correct one? There can be only one as Jesus spoke of only one road leading to life.

MY parents and brother are good people and firmly believe (believed), Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. At the moment I guess I am perched very firmly on the hedge, one foot either way, unsure which way to jump.

I would be interested in your comments.

Thanks and please excuse spelling mistakes.

regards

Bosho

• Bosho
    Bosho

I was just back tracking through some replys

Thanks for bothering to reply!

I don;t know if this is what everyoneis looking for (I expect not!) but when you say directory do you mean whose members of NGO now?

If so then the NGO homepage has a directory of everyone affiliated with it for this year.

Besides if NGO will tell you they were part and they don't deny it themselves why do you need documentation? (confused again!)

I'm new here so alot of this is probably going right over my head. (I'm not very tall!) Have you got some major plan going on about the directories?

Would like to understand more is anyone could be so good as to explain.

Thanks

• Xander
    Xander
    He explained that when they joined, the NGo's charter held nothing that would violate their idea of scriptural principles. But then apparantly ten years later, the charter was changed and things were introduced that now would violate scriptural principles. So the WTBS got out when they could.

One of the sites here mentions a press release from the Department of Public Information (UN department that interfaces with the NGOs). In short, the policies of NGO membership have not changed since the UNs founding. I mean, really, why would it? Why would the UN allow businesses and religions to join if they DIDN'T share the UNs goals? What would be the point of having an NGO then?

He explained that to use the UN's arcives and databases pictures, etc, they had to join NGO.

That's not true. As has already been stated, anyone has access to the data. Indeed, what these folks have been doing above is telling ME how to get access (a lowly citizen of a member nation - nothing more!). The whole point of the UN is to create a unified world government - having secret libraries that only members have access to flies in the face of their charter.

The UN libraries are, and have always been, publicly available.

(When someone says 'the library card excuse' - this is what they are referring to. The WTBTS telling people they somehow needed to be a member in order to get access to these files. The truth seems to be more interesting. Take a look through the yearbooks and find out what nations were giving the WTBTS a particularly hard time around 1991. Then think, as a recognized UN entity, what would the society REALLY be getting out of it?)

directory do you mean whose members of NGO now

That IS what I am referring to. The society did not withdraw until a website ran a front-page article about their hyprocrasy in being members. Days later, they submitted their withdrawal (hand in the cookie jar, so to speak). HOWEVER, the UN had already sent to the printers the 2001/2002 NGO directory - so the WTBTS is still listed in the 'current' one. (This is all IIRC)

• larc
    larc

Bosho, You asked about our beliefs regarding the Bible. The beliefs in this community are very diverse on this subject as well as many others. I think we have one point of agreement amongst the majority of us, and that is that a person does not have to go through a particular organization. Our spiritual journey is not dependent on an organization. The JWs claim that such an organization is a necessity, yet there are large spans of human history, where there was no such discernable organization.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Bosho,

First, a hearty congratulations on taking the effort to actually contact the UN and Bethel to find out for yourself what's going on.

I'll try to tackle a couple of your points:

apparantly ten years later, the charter was changed and things were introduced that now would violate scriptural principles. So the WTBS got out when they could.

Hawkaw and others have done a tremendous amount of work verifying facts and refuting claims. All the evidence points to the fact that the conditions for NGO status were set in 1968, and the requirements to uphold the UN charter were in place in 1991-2. See also this thread by SirvetMiguel: http://64.4.30.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=478f003f5078154a1c0b89304549e09f&lat=1026773861&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ejehovahs%2dwitness%2ecom%2fforum%2fthread%2easp%3fid%3d23877%26site%3d3

Can I ask if everyone here believes the bible to be inspired of God or do you believe it to be man's work.

If you do believe it's inspired then which organisation is the correct one? There can be only
    one as Jesus spoke of only one road leading to life.

Members here run the gamut; from fundamentalists to atheists; non-denominational Christians to pagans; agnostics to eastern philosophies. Among them, youll find many who profess a strong belief in Christianity, yet dont believe there has to be one organization. They believe that Jesusnot any organizationwas The Way.

Besides if NGO will tell you they were part and they
    don't deny it themselves why do you need documentation?

Sadly, most Witnesses will not believe what they hear if its something negative about the society. The great majority would never do what youve doneresearch the facts on their own. They wont even call Bethel to verify it, probably because they dont want to be branded as weak by their local congregation.

Welcome to the board, Bosho.

Hmmm

• larc
    larc

Bosho, from comments I have read on this board, the WT took a peculiar twist in 1991 towards the UN. They continued to lambaste it in the WT, but praised it in the Awake! The Awake! articles, no doubt, are the ones they submitted to the UN, to show the UN, that the Society was doing its part to remain a member. The timing of there deciding to drop their NGO is interesting. It was only one month after all the information about their involvement with the UN started appearing on the internet. I think that is more than a coincidence.

• Xander
    Xander

Specifically, the 'praise' was lobbied in the 'Watching the World' section, where no one seemed to notice.

You do recall all those positive little snippets 'How the UN is fighting disease in Africa' 'How the UN is working towards a peaceful solution in Godsonlyknowwhereistan' etc.

They didn't strike you as a little odd at the time, given the front page articles continuing to blast the UN as 'the wild beast of revalation'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit