Why do you still give talks?

by 1tMakesNoSence 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

If your mind and heart is not into it any longer........ resign from the School and begin your fade......... maybe slow to keep the peace in the family......... or maybe sudden....... your the only one who can make that decision.

Of course JW's value obedience and sincerity..........if you can fake it you'll have it made.

• 1tMakesNoSence
    1tMakesNoSence

@Punk Those are some good quotes.., I'm busy with my talk now, Seeing what I can put in here. Where do you get all these contradictory quotes?

I need some more

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    1tMakesNoSence6 minutes ago@Punk Those are some good quotes.., I'm busy with my talk now, Seeing what I can put in here. Where do you get all these contradictory quotes?
    I need some more

JWFacts.com and other places...searching on this very forum too.

• 1tMakesNoSence
    1tMakesNoSence

Okayy, so I'm halfway with my talk.

For the life of me I can't make myself say that shit about listening to the borg. I know I know, lesser of two evils, but I'll just have to try and get them to think on another way without saying that.

So here is my talk thus far. I need some divine inspiration from you guys on how to add some sting to it without making it toooo freaking obvious. i am trying to undermine the dis-fellowship teaching. I'm even throwing in a bit of materialism (a new car) (wink)

The Talk.

We are all well acquainted with setting goals.

We set short term goals and we set long term goals to reach the things we strive for. For instance, buying a new car. We will have certain objectives we have to accomplish, (save money every month etc), to achieve the goal of getting a new car.

Now it is important to have goals. It gives you something to work for and helps you realize what you should do to achieve that goal.

Now have we ever thought of making happiness a goal?

We’ll the bible says that happiness can be achieved by having certain setting certain objectives.

There are a myriad of ways in which one can reach the goal of happiness but we will focus on one.

Turn to Mathew 22:39 “You must love your neighbour as yourself.”

How do you want others to think of you, talk about you and treat you?

Do you think of that person like you would want to be thought of?

Do you talk to that person the way you would like to be talked to?

Do you treat that person how you want to be treated?

There are absolutely no reason we can’t apply Luke6:31

“Just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.”

Thats all I have for now. Still working on it

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The soccer player runs up the wings and skilfully keeps the ball out of the control of other players. He approaches the goal. The goalkeeper crouches ready catch the ball as the player kicks the ball toward the goal. Does he score? Does the ball bypass the goalie and hit the back of the net?

That isn’t the point. The point is, the soccer player did his best and aimed for the goal. His whole concentration was on getting the ball into the net.

The goal was something to aim for.

We are all well acquainted with setting goals.

We set short term goals. We set long term goals. Why?

Like the soccer player; to reach the things we strive for.

The Bible tell us that if we want to build a tower, we need to plan and keep account of the cost.

Is our goal reasonable? Can it be accomplished? Do we need help?

Now, it is important to have goals. It gives you an objective to work for. It helps you plan what you should do to achieve that goal.

Have we ever thought of making happiness a goal?

The bible tells us that happiness can be achieved. How? By setting specific objectives.

There are a myriad of ways in which one can reach the goal of happiness but we will focus on one.

Turn to Mathew 22:39 “You must love your neighbour as yourself.”

How do you want others to think of you, talk about you and treat you?

Do you think of that person the way you want to be thought of?

Do you talk to that person the way you would like to be talked to?

Do you treat that person in the manner you want to be treated?

There are absolutely no reasons we can’t apply Matt 22.39

Notice the first part of the verse is a loving command ‘you MUST’.

Are we obedient to that command? Not just because the Bible says so but because it has become part of our new personality™ that we naturally live in accord with?

Yes. It is godly and imperative that we have this goal.

Think of practical ways we can support one another.

Thus by being obedient to such a wonderful goal, we imitate our lord in heaven and thereby gain his blessings.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ..maybe say something about 'life the soccer player, we dodge satan's players to obtain out goal. yes. it takes effort but blah blah...'
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was an elder when I woke up to it. I was the WT O/seer among other things.

I felt that I could not stop dead in the tracks without attracting too much questioning , so I had to do the slow fade. During the time that I was still on the platform I felt that I was a rotten hypocrite - but it had to be endured while I laid the grounds for resignation and then withdrawal from everything.

It worked, I am now just "inactive" , on good terms with my wife's friends at the K/H and family ...Keep at it, plan well and it will soon be over

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    After almost 24 years of giving talks, I finally quit the TMS earlier this year.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

I still give talks because I will continue to be who I am until the time comes when I am not. That time will be next year.

Jesus knew his religion was going the wrong way but he remained to do what he could. I try to follow his example.

Frank

• pronomono
    pronomono
    I stopped giving talks when I started feeling like a hypocrite. Funny thing is, after missing a number of my talks and 6 months of regular meetings, they still haven't gotten the clue and removed me from the TMS. I still get picture texts of my talk slips to my cellphone, including one just last week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit