Why do you still give talks?

by 1tMakesNoSence 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1tMakesNoSence
    1tMakesNoSence
    Assuming you are still sitting there because of circumstances. Why do you still give/don't give talks?

I ask this because I have to give talk No. 3: Love and Obedience Bring Happinessnwt p. 26 ¶4-6 (5 min.) this Tuesday.
    Usually if the talk is about money or some other shit I usually say no, but I guess I can mangle this one without feeling like I want to kill myself.

• menrov
    menrov

Good luck, and remember, obedience to the gb is the key ... :-)

• 1tMakesNoSence
    1tMakesNoSence
    @menrov

hahaha, Like those words will cross my mouth! I'll spin it more towards obedience towards your parents and the government (taxes and stuff)
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Pull a sickie, mate. then, come off the school for mental health reasons.

If you must give the talk, focus on how one must obey totally the Governing body, even if it doen't sit well or look biblical.

"We know this is the case because the GB tell us this themselves. I quote:

WT 15 Nov 2013 - "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

Instructions from the loving Governing Body therefore, over-rides anything we might think is in the Bible."

That way, I would hope we are employing a bit of reverse psychology.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    I stopped giving talks, when I found out what the so called appointed men had done to me 12 year's was all )ies they made up! I found out 2 years ago! I knew when it happened, I had been wrongfully dfed, but I didn't wa`t to cause trouble down the road!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Actually, although I am a 'mentally diseased apostate(TM)', I helped a guy prepare his talk not so long ago. Oddly enough, he still talks to me and is hoping to be a ministerial servant(TM).

We ex JWs seem to have 'accurate knowledge(TM)'!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Spin it.

1. Back pedal the material, soften it, focus on Christ, qualities, community, love, make it more 'Christian' and loving than anything we ever get asked to talk about, and get congratulated afterwards on what a great talk it was, your best yet.

2. Do what punk said, go hard line, ultra jw, obey the gb, salvation only comes from them, do more, do more, do MORE, and aren't we brilliant cos only we have the (ever changing) truth. Then get congratulated afterwards on what a great talk it was, your best yet.

Either way, the audience have decided it's their truth, so they'll make whatever you say fit.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DoHoH - only we have the (ever changing) truth.

Oh, yeah. I think the more nazi one gets with obedience to the corporation.

• freddo
    freddo

Put in a sentence or two about how we must obey God's word the bible rather than man. So obviously if someone were to keep asking for us to send money for a new headquarters we might think of not building bigger store houses or that Jesus had nowhere to lay his head. We might even think of Ananias and Sapphire who were deceitful about their financial affairs and tried to look good before men.

Don't think you'd have to do any more talks after that ...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's an all-volunteer organization. You do not have to be enrolled in the Theocratic Ministry School. I did a hard, rather quick fade, and one of the very first things I did as I resigned as an elder was to say I was not enrolled in the school. Sure, the elders knew, but I doubt a single other member noticed I wasn't giving talks.

To fade out, you have to make occasional noticeable moves. Blow off a few talks and then say you won't be able to give talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit