WOULD YOU BE AN ACTIVE WITNESS IF????

by minimus 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Conditions for my return:

1) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy replaces The Holy Scriptures as the religion's main text. The Bible may still be used, but only insofar as it supports Douglas Adams.

2) All meetings are, of course, declared optional, although contributions are used to purchase quality imported beer for those who do decide to attend. A special play area is designated for children, who use the Society's old publications for paper mache and other art projects.

3) Door-to-door is replaced with free time to do with as you wish.

4) Conventions are held once every 2 and 1/2 years, so the novelty doesn't wear out so quickly. They are held in fine hotels, seminar-style, so attendees can choose which (if any) sessions to attend. Anyone caught wearing an attendant's badge will be stripped, smeared head-to-toe with honey, and thrown into a vat of angry red ants.

5) Formerly disfellowshipped, disassociated, and inactive Witnesses are restored to "good standing" and then promoted to "Grand Pumba Witnesses" for a term equaling the duration of their exile from the Organization. During this time, they are waited on and pampered by their former congregations' bodies of elders, particularly those who served on any judicial committees related to their departure.

6) The Organization reimburses all Witnesses for expenses incurred while distributing literature, funds the education of the children of those who didn't go to college because it was forbidden at the time, and cancels all loans owed them by local congregations.

7) The sign atop Bethel headquarters is changed from "Read God's Word the Bible Daily" to either "Don't Panic" or "The Meaning of Life is 42".

Dedalus

I never thought I would return, but when you put it that way. . . Throw in $10 for every day of the past 28 years of my life that I've wasted (that comes out to a mere $102,200) and I'm sold!

Begin training women to be elders; it will take a while, as right now they have had so little asked of them and they have more to offer than men- pistoff

I like the women as elders idea. But may I suggest that only attractive women be allowed at first. Talk about "speeding it up in it own time." Judicial committees with 3 hot elderettes!!!!! Where do I sign up!

• minimus
    minimus

I'd NEVER go back!!!!!!!!!!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Me neither, Minimus. I started thinking about some changes that might make it desirable, and so many came to mind in just a few minutes that I realized it would be impossible - even a complete overhaul of the religion would not be enough.

• talesin
    talesin

As I told my folks, HELL would freeze over first. Since hell is a fictional place, there's no chance of that!

Yes to Dedalus' post. Some very good points there.

Especially, "The meaning of life is 4.20." Oops, I meant to say 42!

tal

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Natas said:

Adding sour cream to vomit doesn't make it party dip..

OMG - that is funny. lol lol lol

• Larry
    Larry

Not under any conditions. It's not just The BORG, but any religious organization. Religions divide instead of unites.

Peace - LL :)

• Sassy
    Sassy

WOULD YOU BE AN ACTIVE WITNESS IF????

no...........

• Cellist
    Cellist

No. Never. I have developed an allergy to any activity that requires any sort of meeting attendance at all. And that's nothing compared to the allergy I've developed for religion. ;)

Cellist

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Not a hope in hell. NEVER!!!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    Adding sour cream to vomit doesn't make it party dip..

I love this....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit