WOULD YOU BE AN ACTIVE WITNESS IF????

by minimus 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    and I'd also love being a Grand Pumba Witness!

That would be cool you could ware one of those big head things with hornes like in the Flintstones

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Regarding Stealth's :

Would you go back if by doing so you would be guaranteed to live a heathy live to the age of 90

however if you did not go back you would be dead within 5 years?

No, unless:

They apologize for their misguidances/mistakes that caused many heartbreaks.

Disclose all their "secret files" including molestation cases, and their involvement with UN.

Make a earnest effort to compensate and assist the "victims" to cope with the problems which they have made worse or caused.

And NEVER EVER say "being imperfect human being" and call themselves as "faithful and discreet slave(s)" the God's only annointed representatives on the earth today just to be excused from saying, "We are sorry".

If they can meet all the requests above, my answer would be,"Maybe". Otherwise I'd rather die within 5 years with clean conscience.

• SYN
    SYN

Stealth: Tough one! Yes I would, but I would live an obscenely double life! Dub by day, fornicating, "hard"-partying, JWD posting, college attending ATHIEST by night lol!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I AM an active witness, HATING it, and here is what it would take to make me stay and maybe get off my ass and do something:

APOLOGIZE for the UN debacle to US, to all the churches they have ripped, and BEG for mercy. After all, if we did what they did, we would be DF'd in a heartbeat

Begin training women to be elders; it will take a while, as right now they have had so little asked of them and they have more to offer than men, frankly; would we have a sex abuse problem if women sat on those JC's? Doubtful

STOP asking people about their sex lives; if they confess something, console, shepherd and then leave em alone. It is none of your business what we do in our sex lives, period. That is between us and God.

RIDICULE all the ridiculous old doctrine, tell us how stupid it was, say what in the world were we thinking, and STOP telling us that you are God's spokesman; if you were, you wouldn't look SO STUPID when you change policy SO OFTEN.

HAVE the guts to call baptism as now practiced what it really is: a social contract that requires us to abide by pharisaic rules that you don't even bother to tell us till it's too late; AND NO MINOR can enter that contract, after all in the JEWISH society you revere so much a man was not a man until 30 yrs of age, right? Plenty of time to sow wild oats and not be responsible.

IF they did these things, I might consider it.

Oh, and quit blaming the fellowship for 1975; it was ALL YOU.

Pistoff

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Reasoning on this is like reasoning: if the you could time travel would you change history?

It's kind of far-fetched that things would ever change to the interests we have as individuals now that we are outside of the borg.

There would have to be massive changes in order for me to go back, but if all those changes happend, yes I would go back.

(waits for the abuse and death threats)

• teejay
    teejay

This is actually a very good question, Minimus. I've thought about it before, only in the sense of: "what would it take for me to *want* to go back?"

The only way I'd ever even *consider* rejoining The Group is if I could remain the free spirit that I am now... to be allowed to see things differently and have to express myself (while taking into consideration other people's feelings, of course); to wear my goatee without ridicule of any sort (not even a condescending smirk or comment); to wear casual clothes to the meeting if I wanted (though I never would, cause I think people who do that are tacky); and other assorted freedoms that are either not allowed or railed against.

*None* of that is going to happen, of course. If all of that was allowed -- not just to/for me but to the entire membership -- what exclusivity could the Watchtower claim... what special-ness over all the other religions?

I mean... what would be the point of them allowing such a thing? In an instant the religion would be turned into... well... just another religion!

• Sabine
    Sabine

If they could resurrect all the true believers that made the ultimate sacrifice...

• patio34
    patio34

Sure--in a heartbeat! IF they became an open group, where belief in God was optional, where free thought was encouraged, where women were respected for their abilities to lead and teach as well as men, where they had interesting meetings in which people really could learn something of value to their lives, and more along that same line of thinking. Probably this would describe the Unitarians more.

Otherwise, ROFL!! Not a snowball's chance in hell (so to speak) would I ever even consider going back to that group!

Edited by - Patio34 on 16 July 2002 23:12:9

• Jesika
    Jesika

I would never go back!!!!!!! It looks one way on the outside and something else behind closed doors. I would never trust them again!!!!! I am happy and will continue to be that way. Jesika

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

There is not enough vaseline in the whole wide world, those sorry as* sons of b****es have f***ed over me enough. I tried that when I was a lot more naive, I couldn`t stomache it then, (12 years ago) and I sure as hell won`t tolerate it now!

witchywoman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit