The Coca Cola Corporation

by invisible 36 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

http://srd.yahoo.com/goo/coca+cola+human+rights/3/T=1026373230/F=d8cad9c42d7f351316e

42f64c298fe6b/* http://www.guerrillanews.com/cocakarma/

(have to cut and paste the link, it 'breaks the page')

..and the Atlanta court ruling that awarded close to $200 million dollars in damages to Johnny Cochrans racial discrimination suit,

Over the next ten installments of an exclusive Special Report, GNN breaks wide open one of the most intriguing cases in corporate legal history. The story begins with a major advertising agency stealing an independent consultant's story-boards and culminates with allegations that Coke filed fraudulent copyright applications and enacted a high-level form of espionage against their legal opponent. What's more, the federal judge in the case has been accused of having links to organized crime. Tantalizing? You bet. And were only getting started

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I remember back in the early 80's???, Coke changed the formula to make it taste more like Pepsi. This made everyone that drank Coke mad. They later went back to the original taste, but then started calling it Coke-Cola Classic. Most people suspected that they did this so they could use corn syrup as the main sweetner instead of the more the expensive sugar that they had been using.

Does anyone else remember this, or know anything about it?

pseudoxristos

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

but, but, ..... I'm STILL addicted! (rationalizing that every corporation is guilty of unmentionables)

sigh, gulp, gulp....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(I don't smoke, I rarely drink liquor, I can't smoke weed - THIS is my one vice - oh, and chocolate, which I know has it's own horror stories of slavery in the coco fields)

Mimilly

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Back in america, I liked drinking Coke classic and Cherry Coke (which they don't have in China and I miss it very much) more than Pepsi...but MOUNTAIN DEW rocks like crazy. It's my drink of choice but they don't have that in China either...unless you go to an international food store in Kunming or Xi'an.

but in China, I hate coke, it doesn't taste like it does in America, so I'm forced to drink Pepsi or Pepsi Twist (this has lemon in it). Do they have Pepsi Twist in America? It just came out here in Guangzhou about three or four months ago.

the dustrabbit

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

DungB, thanks for that link. To many people are out of touch with world events. It has been said, 'follow the money' and you'll get to the real story.

Guest 77

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Yea, they did 2 things:

1. New Coke

2. My Mother's cousin found a rat at the bottom of a Coke bottle in the 1950s. They got a money settlement and a free case of Coke every week for 10 years (back then that was a big deal). This really happened - this is not an urban legend.

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

On a recent trip to California, I was seated next to a guy reading a Muslim newspaper on the leg from Philly to Chicago. I read over his shoulder an article calling for a boycott of Coke, consisting chiefly of unfounded or illogical accusations. I piped up that a Coke bottler was one of the largest and most reliable employer of Palestinians in either Gaza or the West Bank, as I had read a few months ago in either Business Week or Newsweek.

Three points stood out: 1) Coke supports Israel, although nothing specific was cited. 2) Coke sells small servings for very little money in poor countries, which uneducated mothers use in place of milk for their babies. 3) Coke has been accused of selling old product cheaper in minority neighborhoods.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Pseudo: The Great Coke blunder of the 80's is a must study in Marketing courses today. Years ago someone wrote a book about it and it was a very interesting read how a major corporation could get such wrong marketing test signals and make such a monumental mistake. I remember when the switch was made, I went out and bought cases of the original coke. As supplies of the original started to dwindle, there became a black market with prices skyrocketing. Coke gave in and brought back the original as Coke Classic and the "new" Coke, slowly faded away (not unlike some former JW's around here )

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Dustrabbit: Yes, we have Pepsi Twist. In fact there's an Austin Power's commercial touting it with Britney Spears...kind of funny too.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

'New Coke'? 'Classic Coke'? don't get me started!!!!!

Ok, my family also bought cases of the original Coke before the New Coke came out. Then came Classic Coke.let me tell you it is NOT the same as the original, people!

I think the whole New Coke thing was a scam so people would be happy with the taste of Classic Coke, which is the real new coke. I could not believe people could not tell that Classic Coke was NOT the same as the original!

I have acclimated to the New Classic Coke that has been forced upon me, but I dream of finding some old REAL Coca~Cola

--LisaBObeesa

***********Drink Coca~Cola in Bottles*****************

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit