The Coca Cola Corporation

by invisible 36 Replies latest jw friends

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Hi, My name is Andee and I am a Coca Cola addict.........................

*Other Posters Respond* "Hi! Andee!

One of the hardest things I had to do was break my *regular" coke habit and make the switch to diet coke. I don't care if they switched to Equal from Sweet N Low, the taste is NOT the same. And those ugly grey cans! However, after going through head exploding, withdrawls, I managed to make the switch.

Oh, I still have the cravings. And sometimes my "stinkin thinkin" will start to tell me that I can handle "it". The pretty red cans just call to me. So, I will sneak a sip of "the real stuff". Next thing I know, I am in a sugar induced stupor surrounded by empty cans.

I guess I have to remind myself that I am still an addict.

Thanks for letting me share

*clap clap clap*

Andee

• DJ
    DJ

RE: THE COCA COLA CORPORATION

Sorry, I like pepsi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dj

• larc
    larc

Nathan, I believe you are referring to William Heath who married Bonnie Boyd in 1938. William was Rutherford's private secretary. His name is on the deed of Beth Shan.

• Xena
    Xena

OK PEOPLE who let the PEPSI person on the COKE THREAD??????

ushering Andee (or is it Andi ) out of the thread.....it's ok sweetie he was just kidding!!!!!!!

Edited by - Xena on 11 July 2002 0:5:56

• TheContagion
    TheContagion
    Anyone else heard of or have something on this corporation?

I know that Coke was founded as a religion.

It used to have cocaine in it.

In poor countries they sell it in bags so because the bottles and cans are too expensive.

They will pay for your wedding if you let them sponsor it.

I think they have a shared monopoly with pepsi. A cola cartel.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It may interest you folks to know that Coke is NOT THE ONLY PRODUCT of the Coca-Cola Corporation.

They produce a whole range of soft drinks and snack foods.

Enjoy! Things go better with Coke!

Cheers, Ozzie

• professor
    professor

I belong to a cult of brothers and sisters whose lives have all been ruined by Diet Coke. In hopes of gaining back what we have lost from this harsh addiction we worship a blue rubber shark named AHHHMMBeep.

We were all hardcore addicts until finding this great rubber shark. My friend lost all he had because of it and I didnt want to end up like that. So I gave all the money I had and let my wife sleep with the cult leader to join this fine organization and it has turned my life around.

I am one of six members of the newly formed cult. The cult is the only one in the U.S. for Diet Coke addicts, and is the seventh cult in our small town.

Our leader is just so proud of our cult. It grew so fast and now we are bustin at our seams.

Edited by - professor on 11 July 2002 2:40:26

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Professor.

I hate to tell you this....but that cult your in is a front for Scientology.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

http://www.laborrights.org/projects/corporate/coke/

Coca-Cola and Anti-Union Death Squads in Colombia

Violations of human rights are rampant in Colombia due to lawless activities of both the right wing paramilitaries and leftist guerillas. The paramilitaries in Colombia are particularly well known for murdering, abducting and torturing trade union leaders. Specifically, much of the violence against trade unionists in Colombia is directed at leaders of unions at multinational firms, including the Coca-Cola company.

One union representing workers at Coca-Cola, Sinaltrainal, has sustained heavy losses of leaders and members who were employed by the company.

Having no other options and facing ongoing violence, Sinaltrainal requested ILRF and the United Steelworkers Union to file an ATCA case against Coca-Cola and its Colombian bottlers. The case was filed in the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida, No. 01-03208-CIV, on July 21, 2001. Plaintiffs are Sinaltrainal, and five individuals who have been murdered, tortured, and/or unlawfully detained.

They are seeking to hold Coca-Cola, and two of its Colombian bottlers liable for using paramilitaries to engage in anti-union violence. This case also presents the issue of corporate liability for acts of subsidiaries or agents.

Coca-Cola's defense is not that the murder and terrorism of trade unionists did not occur; rather, Coca Cola argues that it cannot be held liable in a US federal court for occurrences in Colombia. Coca-Cola also argues that it does not "own", and therefore does not control, the bottling plants in Colombia

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Dungbeetle - OUCH!

Clink, clink; glub, blub; gulp, gulp.............AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(the sound of me drinking my conscience - (sorry) )

Mimilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit