CAN A CHRISTIAN BELONG TO A NUDIST RESORT?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xandria
    Xandria

Sure of course they can.. the only question is do we get to keep our eyes on the prize ?

X

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Sure of course they can.. the only question is do we get to keep our eyes on the prize ?

I don't have to go to a nudist resort to get to keep my eyes on the prize......I can hardly get my husband to wear clothes (he's rather like a 2-year-old in that way)..."the prize" seems to be constantly bouncing around my house

Who was that comedian who was talking about a woman's reaction to seeing her husband bend over the tub naked? ~ "Who let a goat in here???" (I say that alot)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Apparently the answer is YES.

Cheef's Christian Nudist-Naturist Pages GentlyFeral

• minimus
    minimus

Qwerty has a thread about nudists. I thought you might find this one interesting too.

• minimus
    minimus

I thought I'd bring this back up.

The Watchtower even has counsel for nudists.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    no dedicated Christian minister can remain in good standing in the new world society of Jehovah's Witnesses

Does this mean you get DFed? or just lose Theocratic "Privileges"?

OM

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    no dedicated Christian minister can remain in good standing in the new world society of Jehovah's Witnesses and at the same time be a member of a nudist colony or frequent nudist camps

Occasional visits are OK. Just not frequent.

• minimus
    minimus

Is going to Hedonism acceptable if you go only once a year?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    "I see the question in the subject heading of this post the same way I see the following questions:
    Can a Christian woman cut her hair?
    Can a Christian woman wear pants?
    Should a Christian womah show her ankle?
    Should a Christian woman work outside the home?
    Can a Christian man shave his beard?
    Can a Christian drink alcoholic drinks?
    I have, personally, heard these issues being seriously debated by different Christians. What is considered "moral" Christian behavior varies widely from culture to culture and denomination to denomination. Some people would no expose their legs or their elbows in public than they would their genitals. It's all a matter of degree."

There is a fundamental difference between these questions and the question of nakedness. A person can do any of those things mentioned and walk the streets of most cities on this earth but if they walk naked then a crowd will form like nothing else.

The clues are here.

Gen 2:25 The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

Then this happened.

Gen 3:6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Right after cursing them for disobedience, the next thing God made them clothes to cover their shame.

Gen 3:21 The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

A minority of people feel no shame about their own public nudity but the majority certainly would.

Regards,
    Stephen

• minimus
    minimus

So Chalam, as long as you don't feel guilty about being naked, it's ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit