Disfellowshipping Image

by naazira 150 Replies latest jw friends

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

@Hold Me- Thrill Me

I disagree that she appears as one of them. She's modestly dressed by the standards of people outside the borg, but, from experience, I can tell you that her dress would not be approved by many elder bodies. Her dress is not below the knees, my wife and I (because they can't counsel her without her husband present) have been counseled for this. Her dress is form fitting, which has been spoken against many times from the stage, whereas the other women have jackets or baggy sweaters to cover their form. She's wearing heels, which in recent years it seems the GB have been rallying against not just at RCs but also at KHs. We can't see the other women's shoes but it's conspicuous by the absence of their shoes.

To me it's obvious that they are trying to subliminally imply that her dress is unacceptable and even possibly that is what led her to "sin".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is Too Stupid..

To realize how damaging that picture is to them..

..........................................................................................

................................................................................................Enjoy Stabbing Each Other In The Back..

.........................................................................................................I`M OUT OF HERE FOR GOOD!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

What you can't see is what's on the FRONT of her dress. Here's another view of her from earlier during the meeting:

• BU2B
    BU2B

WT pictures stick with the dubs more than the words. Much of imagery is absorbed into the mind subconciously. Somehow I wonder if the artist here is one of the "concsious class" why would they depict the DF woman as attractive, confident, and in color, whilst the rest of the congregation is dishevled, frumpy, in black and white. Why would such a person want to return to that depressing scene. You would think that they would potray the congregation in color and the DF sister as unhappy and in black and white. Very odd.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Exactly, BU2B, it's all backwards, makes no sense.

Maybe they tried it that way first and saw how ugly it really was.... But who knows. They are so freaking clueless and cold hearted.

And I just noticed that the little girl is dressed exactly like the grandmother, or older mom or lady who is sitting beside her! Same dress pattern and even the top overcoat or blazer thing. And the little girl has her hair all up fancy like a much older person. All typical JW stupidness.

And those chairs are certainly popular, aren't they!? I wonder if the WTS owns stock in companies which produce chairs like that....

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Tim310rd,

In my area the sister in blue fits right in. Her heels are not high stiletto which are not uncommon in my area. Her dress length is fine in my area as well. There would be rebellion in my circuit if the sisters had to live with the elders you describe.

Elders not all cut from the same cloth.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Hold Me-Thrill me,

True. I'm in the "Bible belt" so that probably has a lot to do with it. It still seems to me, though, that the recent comments by the GB is leaning towards not accepting what the sister in blue is wearing. The restriction against heels that the org have spouted is against all heels, and not just at the RC. They've recommended flats only. Obviously many JW sisters don't follow these "suggestions", but that doesn't change the fact that the subtle message here could be that her dress is inappropriate.

timelord

• done4good
    done4good

BU2B - You would think that they would potray the congregation in color and the DF sister as unhappy and in black and white. Very odd.

I am afraid unfortunately, they are just that out of touch. This is really troubling on many levels, even for them. It speaks volumes as to how f@cked up the organization is. Much more than can be easily articulated in a few paragraphs.

I really do think this is the worst thing they put in print since the September 2007 KM, and much worse.

d4g

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

If they weren't so clueless they would have made the disfellowshipped person colorless. That is really the reality of it...the disfellowshipped walk among them as if they are ghosts, apparitions. Nobody looking at them, walking by them as if they are not even there. But no, they make her in color. And not just any color, but one of the most beautiful colors on earth, robins egg blue. Thats why I think whoever painted this must be sympathetic to ttatt.

Some of you mentioned Pleasantville, which probably most people haven't seen. it also reminds me of wizard of oz, where Dorothy leaves bleak, brown and gray Kansas and opens the door to the gorgeous color of OZ, a wonderland to explore.

How could they be so naive? That movie is from the 30's, they're not too old to have seen it :).

• SAHS
    SAHS
    I guess, at least in the JW interpretation of things, that blue in a wedding dress is considered, well, not quite “pure” as a white wedding dress. I.e., blue is considered to be . . . how shall I say, . . . non-virginal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit