Disfellowshipping Image

by naazira 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Invariably there will be those who have been reinstated who will chime in with some positive support of this picture, telling the congregation how this LOVING ARRANGEMENT helped them return to Jehovah.
  • ellaella
    ellaella
    I have a question, does any one know a way to find out but not ask, if one has been df'd. Do you have to physically be told through letter, person by little men coming to house?
  • naazira
    naazira
    This image also shows how quick they, family and former friends, can drop you within seconds. At least they could give the df people a number to a suicide crisis line. The only exit counseling jws offer is called a judicial committee.
  • naazira
    naazira
    @Ella have you ever been asked to meet with a judicial committee?
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    It's like a room full of "Weeping Angels" from Dr Who... Maybe she's trying not to blink. Creepy...
  • done4good
    done4good

That is some loaded language in that illustration...

That might be the sickest picture ever in a WT ragazine.

d4g

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NAAZIRA:

Very interesting photo. This picture speaks volumes.

Very funny that you said the sisters are glad she got the boot because she's probably the best-looking woman in the congregation. As a matter of fact, this is a problem in many places. I remember years ago there was a campaign of hostility towards attractive stylishly-dressed single women by dowdy less-attractive married sisters. Sometimes a woman in that religion can't win if she looks a certain way.

What the religion wants ARE women who will do favors for all the users and who are not perceived as a threat in any way for being too smart or good-looking.

This sister is well rid of all these kooks! And so are we all.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

This statement in the article is also corrupt and a blatant lie - "Two factors—which must coincide—result in the disfellowshipping of one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. First, a baptizedWitness commits a serious sin. Second, he does not repent of his sin."

I personally know someone who asserted that they were sorry, but the Elders just went ahead and disfellowshipped them - and made them wait 18 months to get reinstated!

The joys of being in a cult!

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

The whole point of that illustration, and I cannot emphasize this enough, is to plant in the minds of the congregation the idea that apostates can appear as one of them! She is modestly dressed, she is presentable, her meeting bag is on her arm. There is nothing to identify her as one who is an apostate whether it be spiritually or morally.

The congregation is being taught to TRUST THE ELDERS as the only ones who can identify an apostate!

It is an insidious image carefully crafted to plant mistrust of any who may appear as one of them but has asked too many questions.

Frank

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

@The Searcher

I was one of those people. Per the elders' manual, your repentance has to be greater than your sin. First off, that information is not provided to those who are going through the process. Secondly, many people express emotions differently. Third, how are three men who can't read hearts supposed to judge my level of repentance? Fourth, how can you judge how great a sin is?

The whole process is a gross misuse of power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit