Disfellowshipping Image

by naazira 150 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb
    Actually she is leaving the meeting during the break as her husband has just flown in from a war zone and she wants to be with him.
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ah ha!!! -- I just noticed something else in this picture!!!

*rubbing hands together gleefully*

oh, boy, hoo hoo, you all will be amazed you missed this. Heh heh heh . Ooh boy oh boy, lol.

Well, here I am, lol, an old lady in her fifties, sitting here smoking my medicine and looking at this picture again (it's compelling somehow, isn't it?) -- and guess what I just noticed?!?

The DF'd woman is walking out the door, and what is the ONLY thing on the wall in the whole picture...?? heh he he , oh you will love this....

especially when you consider that on this side of the door there is only a foggy, diffused sort of light, almost misty and cloudy in some spots, especially above the older brother's head - it's like there is a little cloud of fog above his head! - But she walks through a clear, unblurred doorway, into an area where there is a CLEAR LIGHT in front of her!!!! Oh my. Love it. Don't you love it? 😀😀😀

The only source of visible, clearly-drawn light, is outside the freaking door, away from the mists and black and white dreamland.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Maybe it's just me but I don't see the demon in the photo or drawing or whatever it is??
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Truthseeker, this might help - look on the chair back, in between the arm rests:

sir82: Isn't her dress more or less the same shade as Monica Lewinsky's infamous "blue Gap dress"? Even if not the same shade, does "blue dress" recall that situation to mind anyway?

I like that observation. For some people, yes...the blue dress might make them think of Monica.

MuddyWaters, you just 'owned' that image - you own the power! Isn't dismantling and reconstructing image meaning fun? The power of the image is yours - the WTS can't own you anymore.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    OK OC I see it now. Thanks
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Hahaha, OrphanCrow, yes! This is much better than looking at those pictures and trying to decipher them through a cult's eye.... Geez. I wonder what they would be saying about this picture if it were in a study article? Gawd. That kind of thinking could kill a really good buzz....
  • AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I showed this picture to my hubby. He said, "Someone in Bethel is trying to tell the reader that it's not real. 'It' being a loving, Christian organization.

The df'ing article is hateful, and the picture is shocking, face in the chair and all. To me, the face in the chair, looks like the elder's face, the elder talking to the young couple.

But, to me, elders are ugly and cruel.

Maybe my glasses are foggy, but does it look like there is a face on the right wall, next to the df'd woman? It's easier to see on the JW.org pic.

AB

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    What an eye you have to see these subliminal messages !!
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    truthseeker: What an eye you have to see these subliminal messages !!

Truthseeker, I have had years and years of practice and training in looking at images and learning how to dismantle them.

What helps is an understanding of both the formal qualities and the processes involved in producing the image. When I first approach an image such as the one we are discussing, I remove myself emotionally and subjectively from the subject matter. I don't 'see' the message of the image overall - I try to block out the subject and look at placement, line, color, shape, form...tonal qualities, etc. And then I examine the subject. After that, it a continual process of a flipping back and forth between formal qualities and what the subject matter evokes emotionally and trying to tie that into both my own cultural understandings and the cultural understandings of the one who made the image.

A cool trick that a person can do when undertaking the first step - examining the formal qualities - is to flip the photo and don't look at it from the right side up. Turn it around and upside down. Often, the subliminal images will 'pop' out of the image once your brain isn't occupied with what it can recognize easily.

Hope that helps hone your discerning eye. :)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Good observation. You know they must have marketing people and every little detail of this picture is deliberate. The WT is famous for putting information into pictures that only the R&F dubs get it. I remember an article where they show a young brother and an elder cut it out and posted it on the back bulletin board with hand written comments like, "see how long is sideburns are". That way if the WT is challenged they can say we don't tell our members how to dress or how to cut their hair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit