Flyers put on car windscreens @ conventions

by Nowfree 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Has anyone thought of putting leaflets on car windscreens at the district conventions that are coming up?

All good JWS should be at the convention - if they are using public/football ground car parks, then it will be easy to target their vehicles and put a leaflet on them.

What does anyone else think?

Nowfree

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I've thought of things like that. There's one prob with it though - and that's that they would have some good dubs go out with a garbage bag and dispense of all our hard work so as to keep the other dubs inside in the dark.

I've thought of getting a permit to walk with (gawd I dunno the name of them) those large two-sided board signs that you wear. That way, there is NO way anyone can stop those who want to read the message from reading it. And if one were to do it in a fashionable way, so as to actually ATTRACT their attention and get the thought in their heads before they realize it, that would be even better. Maybe use a part of their message so they think we're 'them', until it's too late and they've read it ALL.

I've thought about getting some people together and using this method at the local Kingdom Halls, especially on busy streets, so it also attracts drivers-by, or by passing out leaflets, as you said, at a supermarket parking lot - to educate the masses and perchance a few dubs in the meantime.

teehee, my bad (or good) as the case may be.

Mimilly

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

I remember seeing someone outside a convention (when i was a good JW), with a placard - they did seem kind of lonely, and it did reinforce the issue of there are thousands of JWs and only one or two saying anything against the religion - therefore we must be right.

Good thinking about the leaflets being removed by others - if they are distributed at 3.30 (ish) then there won't be time for them all to be removed, as the conventions finish at about 4.15pm.

I remember there used to be adverts for diet clubs and earn-quick-cash schemes on the windscreen of our car.

Nowfree

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

All the placard has to say is JW.COM, see for yourself.

That in itself leaves it open to everyone.

Mimilly

• LB
    LB

To be honest I've always thought of those protesters outside of conventions as sort of whacked. I mean none of them looked very happy and one of them even got in my face and shouted at me. Think he changed my mind? Even now I'd like to have another shot at the jerk.

But Mimilly's sign sounds good to me. That's simple and probably wouldn't attract negative attention.

I think the most good is done one on one talking to JW's. If they will talk to you.

Edited by - LB on 7 July 2002 14:6:45

• professor
    professor

I used to work security at district conventions. This was one of the main things we were looking for. We would eject anyone trying to flyer the cars and then dump the literature in the trash. The flyers still got read by some, though, including me!

• mustang
    mustang

It all goes to show you: JWism IS A ONE-WAY STREET.

sigh

Mustang

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't know about other states, but here in NY I was told that it's illegal to put any fliers on the cars! A few weeks ago I was at the checkout counter in Walmart, and a guy came storming into the store. He was yelling about someone putting fliers about a church car-wash fundraiser all over the cars, and how it was against thelaw to do that, and how the manager should do something about it, etc.

He was really steamed! After he stomped back out the door, the cashier was on the loudspeaker notifying the manager, and I asked her if it actually was illegal, and she said "oh, yes!"

I didn't know that........so it would be good to check into it if anyone plans to leave fliers on cars!

Hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

To be honest I've always thought of those protesters outside of conventions as sort of whacked. I mean none of them looked very happy and one of them even got in my face and shouted at me. Think he changed my mind?

LB, I always felt the same way. I don't think they have any real impact on the convention-goers other than being irritating.

The last convention I attended in '98, there were several protesters lined up along the street where you had to stop and wait for the light to change. They would rush right up to the JWs and shout different things. One woman did this to me, shouting "The bible says to honor Jesus", and I remember being puzzled and thinking "we do".......I just shrugged it off and figured that they must have thought (as many do) that JWs don't believe in Jesus cuz they don't celebrate Christmas or Easter......

Hugs,

Annie

• Jesika
    Jesika

I remember as a child and even when I was older seeing the people outside protesting. I was instructed by my father not even to look in their direction. If I did I got smacked in the head in frount of everyone. I know not every JW would take the same action that my father did, they all for the most part won't even look. I think the best thing is to keep the media involved as much as possible. If you protest outside let your local news people know when, and why. Bring run off copies of the WT stand on their policy and have people telling why they are so adimit about their stand. I think it would definately draw the attention of the convention goers if the cameras were there. Jesika Thoman Dallas, Tx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit