McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

The article gives background on the event. However the issue here is the officer was still unprofessional.

Lets say all the kids come from section 8 housing to sell drugs and they were grabbing people and injecting them with meth.

The fact remains the officer still acted unprofessionally and outside of he training guidelines.

It's like the situation are the guy leads officer on a case after a robbery. The officers get him down off the horse and beat the man. People think that because he led the police in a base it gives them the right to beat him.

regardless of what the article states the officer overreacted.

it also seems that the people constantly complaining about race baiting practice race baiting

• greenhornet
    greenhornet
    When I went to fire arm training, one of the rules is "Don't point your gun at some thing you don't wish to destroy.
  • violias
    violias
    I am not defending the officers action, he clearly had lost it and yes most cops won't point a gun unless they intend to shoot. No excuse for his crazy behavior.
    There is just more to the story than is in the mainstream media. That second link was on facebook from the " I am a Texan" site and it redirected to what you are calling a right wing site. Would you feel better if it came from Huff post, a loony left wing site? The people who live at the ranch area are telling a different story than one that is getting in the media. All we are seeing is the end of it wherein the officer lost it and pointed a gun at someone. That is bad enough in itself to warrant the action taken but there was a lot that happened before the cops showed up.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

It doesn't matter where it comes from. It was just apparent that there was an agenda there.

The point of his story is not wether they come from section 8 or are black. Doesn't matter if they were there illegally. The point of the story is the out of control officer. The other officers did their job. Everything else is background noise used to distract people from the issue.

• violias
    violias

Paul, the officer was out of control and that has been taken care of. Everything else is BS.

The kids were trespassing and being aggressive , per the people who were in the actual pool. It really shows youths general disrespect for authority. I like to hear the full story. It's not racial, it is a total lack of respect for authority and rules.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

I didn't say it was racial. I said it was about an out of control officer as well. Here is the kicker. It's admitted the officer was way out of line but it is as if justice wasn't done and his resignation was unnecessary. Somehow people want to make excuses for him.

there is a reason there is a general disrespect for authority in this country. The police have a history of abuse in this country. Cellphones are capturing it now and it's being brought into the forefront as it should be.

police also have to respect authority. Many of them do not so they must pay. I like the full story as well but honestly the fact that there was criminal activity has nothing to do with a police officer overreacting.

im not being comparative here by the way

• Simon
    Simon

We are seeing a whole bunch of people decide that they don't want to respect other people's property or lives and a number of media misrepresentations have fed a false narrative and made the issues worse.

People seem to be wanting and expecting perfection. There is simply no way you can have police 100% of the time do everything right up to a fine line and never cross it just once. The alternative, if you don't think that line is in the right place, is to paint it someplace else. Is has been moved back in Baltimore and look at what a great result that has been (apparently black people didn't get the "black lives matter" memo).

I think people need to be careful that they may get exactly what they ask for and then not realize that isn't really what they want or need.

Personally, I have no problem with the police being hard on the unlawful and outright criminal. I don't believe the hype because it's been show up to be hype over and over ("hands up don't shoot" has been totally discredited).

The claims simply don't add up - on the one hand we're supposed to believe that black people are incarcerated simply for sneezing and yet time and again they are dealing with incidents where the perpetrator has a rap sheet of criminal behaviour as long as your arm ... and yet they are out and free.

"oooh, the knife Freddy had was not illegal". I don't care. I don't believe he was a builder or craftsman. Whether a knife is legal or not is due to poorly crafted laws and I'd expect any but the dumbest criminal to make sure they have a just-about-legal knife. The important thing is they are carrying a freaking knife and it's not to do meaningful labour or arts and crafts. He saw the cops and ran. I'd hope the cops ran after him. That's what they are supposed to do.

Be critical of the police, sure, but who are you going to call when the unruly and disrespectful mob come to invade your space and take your things? Ghostbusters?

Right now the constant recording or police trying to do their jobs is not helping anything and one has to wonder which incidents are intentional to get footage and antagonize the police. People will no doubt act all surprised and outraged when the police use their footage to embarrass and prosecute people and the footage will be available for ever media outlet to scour over - just a freedom of information request away.

None of these people are Rosa Parks. They are trying to cash in and make money at other people's expense from the teen freeloader selling tickets to someone else's property to the lawyers and social leaders using it for political capital. The people who suffer are the innocent and law abiding.

Unfortunately, there are enough willfully ignorant or easily controlled people who fall for all the media hype and lies and are manipulated into being part of the problem, part of the mob.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

There is always more to the story, however when you are the professional with training and a gun you are held to higher standard then a bunch on wild unarmed teenagers. It doesn't matter what race they are, they are teenagers. Teenagers do stupid things( I know I did)

He was over the top, he knows it...his boss knows it, and it looked like his fellow officers knew it. He hopefully will learn from this.

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe if just a fraction of condemnation and outrage directed at the police officer was actually directed at all the brat, scum, thug, assholes who CAUSED the incident, then the incident itself wouldn't have happened. Someone CAUSED this and let's not forget - it wasn't the police.

Every time such behavior is excused it is encouraged.

People act like the cop was the only one doing anything wrong. That is incorrect, there were 100+ committing criminal acts and threatening others. He was one of the few there to stop them and protect others.

One of the little punks got pushed the the floor? Boohoo, my heart breaks for her.

A mob of 100+ invading others property and threatening / fighting is not just teenage hi jinks.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Someone CAUSED this and let's not forget - it wasn't the police.
    Every time such behavior is excused it is encouraged.

And she's being treated like a queen in the media. Imagine that.

Be critical of the police, sure, but who are you going to call when the unruly and disrespectful mob come to invade your space and take your things? Ghostbusters?

We should be critical of community policing. I hear "professional" and "professionalism" used a lot in this discussion. Law enforcement members receive training for situations they are expected to encounter, and we rightly hold armed police agents to a higher standard of behavior. The thing is that law enforcement can train for and plan for agitated crowds but agitated crowds never go according to plan. Law enforcement officers are trained in techniques and policies, but they are also instructed to seek the best end result, which is public safety. We can kick the one policeman down the street all we want, but it remains the case that in this instance public safety was maintained and no one was seriously injured. We have a good result of the policing that was performed. The result of this incident is that we have no parent and family grieving death of a beloved, something to be thankful for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit