McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• violias
    violias

The community is reacting to this by saying the Chief threw his officer under the bus. I would not be surprised at the next election the Chief finds himself replaced. The officer overreacted but what lead up to this is what the media is not showing.

I would not be surprised if the HOA community asks that mother and daughter to move. They brought this into that community.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Just because a bunch of teens are being disrespectful doesn't mean the cops should start pulling guns.

I didn't see a policeman pull a gun because teens were being disrespectful.

I saw an officer pull a gun because he was being approached aggressively from behind by multiple males moving into his personal space, one of which moved his hand behind his back where weapons are often retrieved from.

• out4good4
    out4good4

What I saw was a bunch of mouthy teenagers dispersing, albeit a little slower than might be required for some of the people here grasping at straws trying to justify the Napoleanic police's actions. The eleven other officers seemed to have had no problem with the pace of the dispersement.....only the cop running around acting like a maniac throwing people to the ground when he showed up completely out of control. It is just as likely that the situation would have resolved itself peacefully and without further incident without the heavy handed tactics of that rabid animal given time.

Now that the cowardly cop has turned in his two word (I resign) notice in the face of the negative backlash from his actions even from his law enforcement brethren, it's time to find another boogieman as a way of justifying heavy handed police behavior. Criminals and knucklehead are going to do what criminals and knuckleheads do. That seems a weak reason to try and justify or even tolerate police acting criminally under the guise of protecting the neighborhood.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    During the video officer Casebolt is seen using his radio just moments before the incident with the bikini clad gal and the males approaching him from behind followed by drawing his sidearm. To my knowledge this radio transmission has not be released to the public, or any other communications with dispatch. Have I missed something or has this bit of audio been released and I'm just unaware of it?
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    It is just as likely that the situation would have resolved itself peacefully and without further incident...

That is commonly known as Monday morning quarterbacking.

Officers engage in lots of training because in any given moment reaction occurs rather than analysis.

The end officers want is resolution without injury if possible.

Had the then present teenagers and full-grown adults (it was not just teenagers present in the video!) acted promptly to police request to either sit down on the ground or leave we'd have not seen the bikini gal tossed to the ground and we'd have not seen an officer draw his weapon on multiple males aggressively entering his personal space from behind.

Law enforcement officers are not baby sitters. We pay them to deal with messy stuff, and to keep themselves and the public safe. When we call the police via 911 we are not asking for someone to come counsel teenagers; we are asking someone (in this case) to come intervene in a dangerous situation that involves a whole lot of individuals, any one of which could have a concealed weapon and often do have one.

• out4good4
    out4good4
    That is commonly known as Monday morning quarterbacking.

So is assuming that becauseof that rabid officers actions, there was a safe outcome where everyone went home alive.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    So is assuming that because of that rabid officers actions, there was a safe outcome where everyone went home alive.

No assumptions from me on that point. I'm sure the same end result could have been achieved by an infinite number of sequences of actions. We just happen to know part of the sequence in this case (the part videoed) and we know the outcome was that no one was seriously injured of killed.

I'll add that, based strictly on the video, I was impressed that the officer reacted as quickly as he did to an immediate threat approaching him from behind. I was particularly impressed that his reaction had him pull his gun yet apparently never place his finger on the trigger. He didn't have time to analyze anything. He only had time to react. He reacted to preserve his safety, yet to also refrain from the next step before firing a round, which is placing one's finger onto the trigger.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If you review the video again you'll see that when the officer turn towards the boy that ran up to him the boy quickly starts to back off and is almost turned away from the officer or turning away from the officer to start to flee. Then the cops starts to pull his gun and the kids is all but running away at this time. The kids hads are exposed and he is not acting like he has a weapon. If the cop had fired his gun he would of shot the kid in the back. Yes I agree the kid should have never run up on the cop but again as soon as the cop turned to him the kid is backing off.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    If you review the video again you'll see that when the officer turn towards the boy that ran up to him the boy quickly starts to back off ...

Watch the video in real time. This cop was reacting. He was not analyzing and choosing a course. When he felt his personal space being invaded by someone other than a uniformed officer he reacted immediately to preserve his own safety.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Watch the video again he gets up after he is approached by the two boys they start to back off he goes for his gun and they are starting to run. He didn't even have to pull it and they are already going bye bye but he pulls it anyway. it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit