McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Yet another amazing article on how the Government was the root of a lot of this mess.

We have essentially two choices with "the Government" in the USA.

1. Exercise individual liberty to vote, or

2. Find another government you like better and live there.

I don't know any other options. Do you?

In the meantime, if we're voting and if we've chosen to stay where we are, then we have to work with what we have the best we can. My opinion is that starts with parents teaching their children how to behave in society for their own sake, the local community's sake, and the sake of society as a whole. When parents don't do this things happen and sometimes the police are called to respond to an emergency. In those minutes of response no police officer is going to be able to bring our children up to speed on how to properly behave, and they are not going to try (or at least they shouldn't in those moments). Instead they are going to intervene to restore order. They are going to act to just STOP things where they are. Those law enforcement officers might be loud. They might use vulgar language. They might instruct completely innocent individuals to sit or lay down. They might handcuff some too, even if they have to exert force to do so. They will bark orders. They will finger point. They will assert themselves. And they should do any and all of this if that is what it takes to protect my or your child from harm if it's possible to do so. Oh, and we should applaud them for being willing to take and do this messy job in the moments they have to keep people safe.

Had my child been at the McKinney pool party and had she been the one behaving badly to the point where she was roughly subdued, and had this video been streaming live as it happened, I'd have been GLAD!!! Why? Because this parent would not have had to wonder if my child was okay. I'd know that though I'd failed to teach her proper conduct that nevertheless she was alive, not to mention healthy enough to resist a full-grown policeman. Let me be perfectly honest and say I'd not like to see my child getting handled roughly by police. But I would have been one of the few parents who knew my child was okay despite the melee. I also hope that I would have the courage to resist attempts by lawyers to collect a payday by filing suit against the city alleging police brutality. I hope I would have the courage to look myself in the mirror and ask where I want wrong teaching my child that it was okay to act so stupidly and so disrespectfully to people I help pay to enforce law and order.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    Morpheus how about that article.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

You quote men but do not address the point quoted.

It's easy to say work with what you have when by birth in the country certain people get more.

Was this post made to save Simon and Morpheus from addressing points that they can't truthfully answer?

i guess I'll stop now since you guys avoid the obvious issues .

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

"When the police make a reasonable request you should follow it."

Why? Telling someone to sit on the ground is not a reasonable request, they are PUBLIC SERVANTS, they serve the public, they are not there to demand people sit on the ground while they power trip. Unless someone is under arrest or being detained then they have no obligation to obey the word of another human being, let alone one there to serve them.

"they were committing a crime. Its called disturbing the peace and trespassing"

I watched the video, the only people disturbing the peace were the gangsters/executioners the USA call police, and how are the trespassing on public land?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    It's easy to say work with what you have when by birth in the country certain people get more.

I'm unsure who that statement is directed toward, but in response I'll say this: Life on earth has never been fair. Human society has never been fair. Life in the universe is not fair. If we are looking for fairness we're looking in the wrong place. Fairness is something we can do based on our own perception of fair. But others have different perceptions of what is fair, and yet others could not care less about whatever is or is not fair. That is the world we live in.

As humans the thing we can control most of all is our own actions. From there our control becomes less and less until, ultimately, there are things that are completely out of individual control. So working with what have is the thing we can most effectively pursue. That is the most pragmatic thing any human can and should realize, and act on. Parents who are not teaching their children that working hard and working smart presents the best opportunity to improve their personal life are doing a great disservice to those children. We can try to improve whatever government we can or choose to live under, but we cannot count on government for making our life successful. The one we have the most control over is our self, and that's what our children have to be raised to understand.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Public land? Rotfl. You just showed how ignorant you are of this situation.

1) it very plainly is NOT public land. Its a privatly owned and run community pool.

2) disturbing the piece and public land are not mutually exclusive. People are arrested all the time for distubing the peace on both public and PRIVATE property. Owning the land does not give you the right to disturb the peace on it. They clearly were breaking the law as house parties for decades have done. They get shut down all the time. Nobody cries.

Paul.... You have word i will read your racist cry baby 'oh poor me' article when i can make the time and when i think i can stomach it. The fact is i was busy living it and dont really care what justification race baiters make for how my parents ended up there. I only know that i controlled my life as best i could and many others have too, thus i dont live there anymore.

• Laika
    Laika

Racism and sexism are still alive and well on JWN I see... :/

It should be surprising to see the violent assault of a teenage girl who broke no laws and exhibited no violent or threatening behaviour not just defended but praised, but when that teenage girl is black it's basically par for the course around here.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

I post a link to historical documents and you call it a racec baiting article.

lol ok

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Public land? Rotfl. You just showed how ignorant you are of this situation.

1) it very plainly is NOT public land. Its a privatly owned and run community pool.

This is a community pool? Looks like roads/pavements/grass on a housing estate to me. You have weird looking community pools in the US

2) disturbing the piece and public land are not mutually exclusive. People are arrested all the time for distubing the peace on both public and PRIVATE property. Owning the land does not give you the right to disturb the peace on it. They clearly were breaking the law as house parties for decades have done. They get shut down all the time. Nobody cries.

1) You should learn to spell basic words before you patronise me like I'm some kind of idiot.

2) I never mentioned a connection between "disturbing the piece" [sic] and location, you made that up. Pointless strawman.

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber

Baltimore will continue to disintegrate and breakdown until someone makes the decision that tough policing is needed and preferable to political correctness.

What?!?!?!

As I posted in the Baltimore thread, Baltimore is one of the worst policed cities in the country, and is practically entirely a product of sticking the poor and disenfranchised in one area, along racial lines, and then forcing them to stay there as the little support that they had in that area left them.

When I say "worst policed," I mean where it's documented police policy there for them to PURPOSELY brutalize people, where they purposely target based on location, etc. There is no possible way people could possibly think that Baltimore should have "tougher policing," when the problem there is that the policing there is so ridiculous that it -has- actually created an essential police state in the inner city area.Baltimore is possibly the prime example of "this is what happens when police are allowed to be terrible continuously." There's a reason that even other low income black areas like Detroit don't blow up like Baltimore did, and that's because Baltimore is uniquely horrible and corrupt in the police force. There was an entire show about this that is known as the greatest television show of all time. How could someone watch The Wire which shows how it works from the ground up, fictionized from multiple real life sources, and then not focus on the systematic corruption there - unless, of course, they didn't watch it.

-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit