McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    ...And [name your fool] will feel justified and do it again.

It's a bane of our society. We justify the unjustifiable and expect things to get better.

You can't fix stupid. You just have to stop it. And who do we call to stop it? The police of course. After all, that's what we pay them for. Right? Only too often we expect them to babysit little Jacky and Johnny when public safety requires restoring order first. What happens when police let themselves become babysitters in the face of an unruly crowd with violence reported? On the periphery of the scene someone ends up getting beaten, stabbed or shot because the police were holding some whinny crybaby's hand rather than restoring order. Then what happens? We have a grieving family because someone got seriously injured.

Don't call the police and expect them to be babysitters. When police find themselves called to an unruly scene where violence is reported they will immediately begin to restore order, or at least that's what they should do. If it takes the foulest of language to do so, I don't care personally. Even if it takes upsetting some gal in a bikini who does not want to lie face down. Again, I don't care personally. I don't want my child to be beaten, stabbed or shot because a police officer was holding some crybaby's hand rather than diligently attempting to restore order to an unruly crowd with reported violence. Frankly, I'd rather my child be the one handcuffed and laying flat on her face crying her eyes out. At least then I'd know she's not the one getting shot or stabbed behind cars or shrubs by some emotional person trying to settle some petty score.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

I great it seems a case was brought against Casebolt in 2008 that he pulled over a guy for seeing two marijuana seeds and open liquor in his car. The black man had 2 white women in the car. Case bolt and another officer allegedly pulled the man from the car banged his head repeatedly into hood, pulled his pants down to his ankles and had another officer shine a flashlight into his anus.

The man had no money for a lawyer to proceed with the case, however the case against the young man was dropped because there was no evidence of marijuana or an open alcohol container.

hmmm I hope that whole situation was just a fabrication.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

http://www.npr.org/2015/05/14/406699264/historian-says-dont-sanitize-how-our-government-created-the-ghettos

Yet another amazing article on how the Government was the root of a lot of this mess. Morpheus you said you missed it, this might be a good read for you

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    Unbelievable that there is even debate on this. The US is a police state and the majority of civilised people are disgusted at this. The youths in the video had committed no crime and are under no obligation to take orders from a public servant, why a policeman thinks he has the authority to demand people stay on the ground, and then handcuff and wrestle them down is beyond me - nothing but assault. He should be in jail.
  • zombie dub
    zombie dub

"All that has to be reserved for the brat who can't follow simple orders "

Why should she follow orders Simon?

• Simon
    Simon

I just love this notion that all the cops have to do to restore order or deal with criminals is to just talk to them nicely. It's would be hilarious if it wasn't so sick.

When the police are there it's because someone has already screwed up - usually their parents (or lack of). They haven't learnt the basic social contracts. People are telling them that they have been hard-done-to and deserve to take what they want from others, not that they can work hard and achieve things for themselves.

This idea that people have been rounded up and fenced in is ridiculous. There are lots of reasons why certain areas end up how they are not least of which is people leaving when there is social unrest and not investing in areas where businesses are likely to suffer high rates of loss or be burnt to the ground. It reinforces the problems and reduces the diversity.

Every time something like Baltimore happens it concentrates the effect and makes it "more Baltimore". Of course somehow, it just has to be nothing at all to do with those people's behavior. Again, a laughable notion. We get the same tired excuses that it isn't people from the community, they are all nice folk, it must be outsiders etc... (I wonder where the mystery city is that provides all these rioters?).

We have a choice. We mollycoddle kids and reinforce the idea that wrongdoing isn't wrong until they then inevitably end up doing something wrong enough that they go to prison (then start claiming the justice system is unfair because of that statistic) or we say "no, I don't care that you got pushed - you were breaking the law and refusing to comply with the requests so what happened next was of your own making".

Only if we do the latter can we have a decent society. Baltimore will continue to disintegrate and breakdown until someone makes the decision that tough policing is needed and preferable to political correctness. In the meantime the regular people will suffer and more people will be sucked into crime as a result of the unchecked criminality surrounding them. It's not the police being rough that makes those people how they are, it's the people's choice.

But of course it's easier to believe that the people in a relatively nice neighborhood who chose criminality over civility do so because of some oppression or injustice rather than just being a choice they make.

Again, to say that the cop losing his job and having to take his family into hiding "isn't enough" is someone being a little bitch. Focus on that as much as you want, you can't alter the fact that it's true.

I'd rather not live in that world. I'd rather the police be there and be supported by society, not thrown under the bus for the slightest error. I don't care if some moronic twit is pushed around and possibly learns an important lesson from it that will save them from a prison cell or if some criminal is punched in the face or whatever. It's a price well worth paying and they make the choice of what they do.

It would be better if society wised up and didn't make "choosing to commit crime" something that gets excused or, even worse, something that people get a payout from.

• Simon
    Simon
    Why should she follow orders Simon?

When the police make a reasonable request you should follow it.

I know it seems simple, but doing what they ask and not committing crime has an amazing effect on how you are treated.

I know, "who knew?" right !

• out4good4
    out4good4
    he was over-emotional after a traumatic day.

Great "Monday morning excuse". Perhaps he should've recognized that fact and taken the rest of the day off.

They obviously don't get to go home and get counselling after attending a serious incident. No, they are sent right out to the next one .... and the next one ... and the next one ...

No....that is not obvious. That is just a supposition you're using to support your position. Ten years on the force...I'm confident that he had plenty of sick time and vacation stashed away that could've been used to get himself together. A police union rep would've helped him out on this.

Police departments are choc full of counselors for policeman dealing with stressful situations. Based upon his actions that day, his character is that of one who'd probably think he was showing weakness by availing himself of those services.

Wow. I guess the little bitch think's she deserves a pay-day for her behavior.

"Little Bitch"? Wow..... And why not? There sure is no shortage of people here trying to pin a badge of honor no caseDolts behavior even though his own superior have determined that he was out of line.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Zombie dub. Great job.

It would take an act of Richard Dawkins for Simon to understand this situation

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    they were committing a crime. Its called disturbing the peace and trespassing. Its the same premise used to shut down house parties when they get out of hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit