IS IT PROPER TO RISE FOR A WOMAN ?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>"Rising for a woman" is still a sin.

Like someone said... depends on the woman...

:D

• Amazing
    Amazing

Wow ... what a loaded question.

• animal
    animal

Women are mens equals, so since I dont rise for men, I dont for women.

Animal

• Robdar
    Robdar

Well, I was going to have a little naughty fun with the title of this thread but I see that some of the men have beat me to it.

R

• arancia
    arancia

To rise for a woman is simply a gesture of cortesy. I remember,few years back on one Sunday morning,going to the meeting as usual,one new elder was attending to the k.h entrance.My husband and I were approcing the door and this brother greeted my husband but turn his back on me.I was astonished,I could not belive that still happend in a very civilised world.What did he learn all the ears while living in the bethel,I do not know.I made a remark to the dear brother that in my country and every civilised people shaking hand to the woman too would be the right maner and respect also toward my husband that was looking at me with amazed.Is not worshiping human,is just acting like one.

• arancia
    arancia

It is nice to be a gentleman after all and there is no many left lol.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I still rise for women and older people (though it wont be long before I'll be able to stop the latter, since I'll soon be joining that hallowed category, myself - or so SP says ).
    Opening doors, offering your seat, and shaking peoples hands (regardless of gender), is another given.

What happened to common courtesy? Did it become too common? Does it now belong to a byegone age?
    This is the first time I've heard of that decline being encouraged by the WTS. Another proscriptive piece of stupidity.

LT of the "feeling older every day" class

• minimus
    minimus

I just don't think the bachelor, Freddy Franz, liked women.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well boys when you rise do you stand up??????

I appreciate a gentleman. It will always bring a smile to my face. There aren't many who do that anymore but when it happens I like it.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

It must just kill the old dubs the thought of rising in court for a women judge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit