IS IT PROPER TO RISE FOR A WOMAN ?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The 4-15-52 wt. says it is by satanic design to untheocratically elevate the woman above the man.Tipping your hat to a woman could possibly lead to improper advances.It sets a woman apart because of her sex.It is subtly disguised creature worship!

more wisdom from the faithful slave.......

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Depending on the woman I always rise.

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

and the testosterone enters on the first reply- from the title of this thread, I knew it wouldn't be long.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Didn't want to dissappoint.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Well, heaven forbid that Jehovah's Witnesses should set a woman apart because of her sex! Yeah, you sisters go right ahead & enjoy giving your skit, er, I mean talk, on the Ministry School.

"Hello, kettle? This is the pot. YOU'RE black!"

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Tipping your hat to a woman could possibly lead to improper advances.It sets a woman apart because of her sex

Okay, so it's fine to set her apart, just as long as it's to remind her place is to be in submission. There are those "haute couture" napkins place on the head that are a lovely reminder. So, I suppose that leaves opening doors and pushing in chairs also "improper"?

I know I would have never made it as a JW woman. There isn't an antidepressant invented that would have been able to treat the depression I would have had.

Andee

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i see absolutely nothing wrong with a little creature worship every now and then...

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Sheesh! Next thing you know, they'll tell them it is paganistic and setting women apart to hold a door open for one. Whatever happened to plain old fashioned courtesy? Or, does the Watchtower now teach that decent manners are paganistic?

Why don't they get a life?

Lew W

• minimus
    minimus

This bit of info from the same article..."why is it the man that is supposed to rise when a woman enters a room or comes to or leaves the table, and never the woman? Is she pinned to the chair, as the hat is pinned to her head?What custom does exist whereby women show respect to men? In many ways satan has taken the woman from the position assigned by God and thereby caused much of the modern breakdown on the family front.Onlysuch as are content with these assigned places will live in the new world."

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

You just had to add that crap at the end didn't you Minimus? It amazes me that the writing style hasn't changed in all these years. Talk about turning women into slaves. This kind of shit is the reason I want my mother out of the JW so bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit