Cygnus is in bad shape

by Cygnus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

You're not going anywhere til I humble you in our beer drinking competition. While yer at it have em give ya a new liver. YOu'll do anything to avoid this won't you?? :) Feel better bud.

• larc
    larc

Cygnus, Sorry that you have to go through this. On the bright side, it is a good thing this was found when you are young and your powers of recovery are good. My cousin, age 75, went through this same operation just last week. While there is much more risk at her age, she came through it just fine. I am sure you will too.

• somebody
    somebody

Cygnus,

You know why you'll be here forever?

To keep alive all of us Last- Thursdayists.

You're in my thoughts and prayers,

somebody

• Gopher
    Gopher

Cygnus,

I hope that you get through this "tunnel" real soon -- and come out better and stronger.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Awwww, Cyg. That is shocking news. I know you will be fine, though. Let us know how it goes.

You are terribly young for that. Is it hereditary, or did you have an illness? Why did this happen to you? I should know the answers to those questions, but I don't.

My mother in law had a bad staph infection, and it damaged her heart valves. She was in congestive heart failure, and they did a pig valve replacement. It would have worked great, but there was a bleeding problem, and of course she couldn't have blood, so she was in a coma for about two weeks, and was really never the same mentally, when she came out of it. The surgery was a success, but the patient wasn't herself anymore. She was in her 80's and lived about two years more, as I recall.

Edited by - mulan on 3 July 2002 17:22:39

• dissedsis
    dissedsis

cyg, I really hope that the open heart surgery is not nessesary. I love you much cyg, and I would hate to have something happen to my friend. You have brought joy into my life at times and helped me through so much even though I have only known you for a short while. I know you are a strong man and you can pull through this.

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

Hey man, I also feel like I know you. Good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Obie

• somebody
    somebody

For you, Cygnus.

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4674

Just a little bit of info here. I'm sure your doctor will tell you more.

love,

somebody

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

OK OK I get the point, Cygnus. I'm putting down the super-duper meat-lovers cardiac special from Pizza Shack. Sheesh.

Hang in there.

Hmmm

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Pulling for you Cygnus. They can do wonders with that problem nowdays. You should be ok soon.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 3 July 2002 18:10:32

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit