From Intercourse to Paradise...

by NeonMadman 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

...with stops along the way in Bird-in-Hand and Lancaster.

That's right. Today, I, my wife and my mother-in-law loaded ourselves into the car and drove down to Pennsylvania Dutch country, where we visited the towns of Intercourse, Paradise, and the others I mentioned. We went to the Mennonite Information Center, where we heard a lecture about the Israelite tabernacle in the wilderness, enhanced by viewing an actual size model of the tabernacle. I was worried that it might be dry, but it was actually pretty interesting. After that, we hit a few discount bookstores, and went to the quilting museum in Intercourse. Then we drove through Lancaster to Lititz, where we wanted to visit a chocolate museum, but it had closed just before we got there. It was a fun day just the same, but you could easily spend a week there seeing everything. We'll have to go again sometime when we can stay longer.

So what did you think this post was going to be about?

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

You got me! I clicked on this post first thing ;-) Good one! :-) (Intercourse usually does lead to paradise-lol)

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Yeah you got me too...I thought you were gonna tell us something about breeding wildlife

Beck

• Mac
    Mac

It certainly peaked my interest! (Now, why did I use that term?) Actually I thought there might be New Light as to the length of time between Sunday's talk and the New System.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hahahahahaha!

Being from New Jersey and having visited these wonderful cities myself, I knew immediately that Tom was describing a visit to Pennsylvania!

Paradise, PA and Hell, MI ! and only Ohio separates them! LOL

out+

• animal
    animal

I just moved to AZ from Lititz (LittleTitz), PA... it is pretty there.... they have a tshirt there somewhere with roadsigns pointing to all those towns.

Animal

• Mac
    Mac

Are you sure it's the t shirt that is doing the pointing?

• Nikita
    Nikita

Ha Ha Neon! As soon as I read it, I knew you must have been talking about Amish country!

I love that area, our closest friends live around there and it so nice to visit, to just kick back.

Nikita

• Xandria
    Xandria

SNICKER.... I know there are some interesting named towns out there in our State and through out the Country. I have driven through a few of them .. like TURKEY, NC.

Thank you for the giggles. You made my night w/ this naughty post.

Xandria

• SYN
    SYN

OMG I can't believe you guys have a town called Intercourse! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit