From Intercourse to Paradise...

by NeonMadman 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• JanH
    JanH

Can't be a great distance between those places.

Btw, did you visit this place too?

- Jan

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

I bet the peeps in that town are very loving!

• animal
    animal

We lived near the amish, the buggies going by our house daily. They are a religious bunch, but they dont want others brought in.... very clanish. They love bikers, for some reason. I got into many conversations with the amish guys when I stopped at this one store where they hitch the horses near where I parked my bike.

A few years back, 3 amish teens were busted for selling coke to thier peers in the amish world. It was news as big as the Dateline thing... then it was found out that they were getting the drugs from a local 1% club.... the shit hit the fan then....

After moving to Arizona last year, the only thing I miss MIGHT be the amish. Otherwise, that I prefer my 110+ degree/low humidity place here.

Animal

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Actually, it was over 100 degrees when we were there yesterday...can't say it was humidity free, though...and, pardon my ignorance, but what's a "1% club"?

Jan, I'm almost inclined to believe that's a real town somewhere. It seems too deliciously ironic not to be true. (Of course, in the local language, it probably means "flat place with trees" or something like that).

Edited by - NeonMadman on 3 July 2002 10:39:37

• NewWay
    NewWay

It just goes to show what lengths some people will go to get people to read their posts!

I thought it was the Garden of Eden story in reverse. Funny, it reminded me of that joke about why Adam and Eve got kicked out of Paradise:

* It wasn't the apple on the tree, it was the pear on the ground.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Where else in this world could you find a town called Intercourse and Fucking. LOL.

• dustrabbit
  • dustrabbit
  • dustrabbit
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel

And I thought Fauquier County, Virginia was something!

~~smiling~~

Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit