My surreal district convention

by RunningMan 44 Replies latest jw friends

• anglise
    anglise

No it was never hot and often quite cold.

You have to remember that this is our british summer I am talking about.

The blankets really were needed at most UK locations including Norwich, Twickenham, Plymouth and Cardiff to name but a few.

Does anyone remember the hype leading up to the talk on the new understanding of "generation"?

We were good loyal dubs at that time and so following directions we had left the seats undercover for those with babies and the elderly and were sitting in the open stands.

By the time this special talk started the weather had become atrocious. It was raining so hard that we could barely hear the talk. We were actually sitting with our legs in black bin bags and umbrellas up. We couldnt use the bible or take notes, it was wet ,cold and miserable.(and the weather wasnt much better) lol.

Why was I ever that gullible.

Edited by - anglise on 8 July 2002 18:11:21

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Dear Runningman;

That was one of the funniest posts I have ever had the pleasure of reading. If you are not a writer I think you need to look into it. Man you would be great to have at a x-witness get together. You could be the stand up comedian just for us. No one but x witnesses would get it. Keep posting such funny memories.

Leslie

• Scully
    Scully

RunningMan

I'm sorry you had to suffer sitting through another DC this summer. But thank you so much for making the best of it with your fantastic sense of humour and sharing with us.

If you're interested in counting a book placement any time soon, I'd love to get a copy of that new book with the three missing chapters....

Love, Scully

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Running Man.

Reading your thread post induced all the feelings in me, brought it all back. The fatigue, the old, old fatigue and boredom washed all over me. Thanks for bringing back all those great old memories of the deep past! It was like bein there all over again.

• spider
    spider

anglise

I was at Crystal Palace for that talk - as I recall there was a thunder storm at the time which made it quite dramatic - it also made it fairly inaudable so no one was quite sure if they had heard what they thought they had heard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit