For those who bash America

by puppylove 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

Why is it that any negative statement about the U.S. makes a person anti-american? Those who wish improvment of their country would seem to be the MOST american in my eyes.How can anything improve if critisism is automatically labeled instead of considered? But i forgot, the U.S. is infalible.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

For Those Who Bash America, Shut the Hell Up!

If you are so miserable here, then please by all means find a country more to your liking and move there as soon as possible.

Mike.

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal
    If you are so miserable here, then please by all means find a country more to your liking and move there as soon as possible.

This is a prime example of the kind of comment i encounter any time i try to complain about parts of the educational system in the U.S. Not...hmmm...maybe i could look past my limited knowledge on the subject and see if you have a point in bringing this problem to my attention, but 'if you don't like it get out'. This is a bigoted statement. Not all negative comments about any particular country are without merrit. Some actually do deserve a second glance instead of the ignorant blinders many strap on when faced with an oposing opinion.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Jan I got the reference......four hours later driving home from work....LOL

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Applause San Francisco John!!

I can't tell you, as a Canadian, how much your comments about our country mean to me. I think that the USA is a great country, but I wouldn't trade being a Canadian for anything! I love our sense of social responsibility, our lack of pretension, and our sense of humour. I hate it when USers make comments about how theirs is THE best country on earth and that anyone who doesn't get to live there is somehow underprivileged....or envious. But, I tend to keep fairly quiet, as do most Canadians, about how fabulous our country really is....we don't want to spoil the upcoming invasion of US territory. We're the LAST ones you'd suspect, right? ;)

Hugs,

Kaethra

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

JWinSF said: " I am a citizen of the USA by birth, not by choice"

Well then get the hell out.

I'm a Citizen of the Federal Republic of Germany by birth, but I live in the United States of America by choice. I love this country so much I served a 3 year term in the U.S. Army, and if I wern't too old I'd be in a set of BDU's right now to defend the freedoms I have come to take for granted.

I'd like to remind some of you U.S. bashing skeezbags, that if we had remained as neutral as you suggest we should, you'd be flying a hammer and sicle flag, and worrying weather or not the KGB was gonna come knocking on your door for using more than your monthly allotment of toilet paper. So kiss my red white and blue ass.

Anton

A patriot and proud of it !!!!!

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

cellomould said: " The attitude of 'our way is right, despite whatever the data says' could be the downfall of the US just as it was in the Soviet Union."

Wrong !!! The U.S. under Ronald "Dutch" Regan was responsible was the downfall of of the Soviet Union.

Anton

• JanH
    JanH
    Wrong !!! The U.S. under Ronald "Dutch" Regan was responsible was the downfall of of the Soviet Union.

Anton, that's the silliest fantasy ever propagated by nationalists anywhere, and it says a lot about the ignorant ahistorical nature of right wingers in the US that they buy into it. The Soviet Union was rotten to the core already while Reagan was acting in B-westerns. The downfall of the USSR was caused by a number of factors, including a rotten economy, an inefficient alcoholized workforce and massive corruption at every level. The reforms of Garbatchev exposed how bad it really was, and the state collapsed and disintegrated. Reagan's insane military expensiture did not even accelerate the fall; it just caused misery in the US.

If you don't believe me, look at the recorded facts of Soviet military spending before and after the "star war" project was announced. Somehow I am convinced you didn't even do such elementary basic homework before spouting off. But then, you aren't exactly a historian, are you?

- Jan

• wholewheat
    wholewheat

Interesting thread. While I don't agree with all of the Society's interpatations of the book of Revelation, I think they are right on target that America is the 'False Prophet'.

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Ok Jan, your right. You busted me. The Soviets spent idiotic amounts of scarce capital on defense bacause they felt threatened by by the infamous whale blubber slingers of Norway. By the way, I graduated with a major in Information Technology, and a history minor.

Anton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit