What should I ask Richard Dawkins tonight?

by the comet 34 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You`ve got to love articles like this..

Sometimes you run across Zealot Atheist Crazys and they`re huge fans of Dawkins..

So you would figure Dawkins is as nutty as some of his fans..

Then you read an article like this..

Dawkins is a smart guy.....Some of his fans,not so much..

Richard Dawkins: '6.9 out of seven' sure that God does not exist

He is regarded as the most famous atheist in the world but last night Professor Richard Dawkins admitted he could not be sure that God does not exist.

By John Bingham, Religious Affairs Editor

8:21PM GMT 23 Feb 2012

Richard Dawkins: '6.9 out of seven' sure that God does not exist

He told the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, that he preferred to call himself an agnostic rather than an atheist.

You can read the rest of the Article already provided by "Unknown exJW"..

Click the link below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9102164/Richard-Dawkins-6.9-out-of-seven-sure-that-God-does-not-exist.html

2 things I learned from this article:

1)..I`d give the Existance of God a 6 out of 7..Dawkin`s and I aren`t too far apart..

2)..Dawkins Considers Himself Agnostic..

Other Famous Agnostics..

Image result for clarence darrow agnostic
    http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-the-mystery-of-the-beginning-of-all-things-is-insoluble-by-us-and-i-for-one-must-be-content-to-charles-darwin-47133.jpg

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

when I have a bit more time I'll recap a few points that I really enjoyed from the evening.....the comet

That would be enjoyable..I`ll be watching for it..

• cantleave
    cantleave

I actually feel jealous :)

What an awesome gift.

• the comet
    the comet

So a few of the highlights, at least for me anyway. Dawkins and Peter boghossian talked about what's the harm in moderate or liberal type religions? The short answer, because you're still perpetuating a falsehood, and to especially teach that to children is wrong. he gave as example, imagine a child's mind like a computer, kids will accept what adults especially their parents teach them at a young age, just like a computer accepts information that you put in it. Religion is like a virus that infects a child's mind and they pass it along generation after generation. Another question they posed and talked about was so you value evidence? If evidence is presented do you change your beliefs to match it or do you dismiss it because it doesn't fit your beliefs.

Dawkins was also asked if you had a time machine what time period would you go back too? He didn't say what I I thought he'd say. He said he would go back to the origin of language.

Overall it was a really cool experience, and I'd love to go see him sometime again

• the comet
    the comet
    Sorry for the typos..to late it edit. They asked DO you value evidence? I really liked that point, made me think of trying to tell people about ttatt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit