Most Embarrasing Witness Moment from Childhood

by Perfection Seeker 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• razorMind
    razorMind

Almost forgot my "most embarrassing" moment(s).....

This is almost too embarassing to write. Like some of the posters here, I wasn't allowed to dress up-to-date or wear my hair in any nice styles, and I too had TV-screen-size, coke-bottle glasses. But, anyway...

...by the time I began seeing this boy from another cong., I finally had a job and was beginning to afford improving my looks. The only, and I mean ONLY reason I was allowed to go anywhere with this guy was because he was a ministerial servant. Anyway, it was his senior year and we went to his prom. Again, the ONLY reason I was able to go was because his older brother promised to "chaperone" us. (Um, how the hell was said "chaperone" supposed to accompany us inside the prom when everybody needed tickets to attend and could not attend alone?) Anyway, my "date's" friend had a hotel room reserved; we quickly ditched our "chaperone" and spent the evening in the room before going to the dance.

So we're in the bed, and I am already knock-kneed with nervousness and guilt that some JW was seconds away from breaking down the door. I had this irrational fear that some Witness, somehow, knew my date's car and would investigate and find us out! (perhaps not so irrational, given the extreme nosiness of some JWs?) The unthinkable happened then: somebody knocked on the door. I got so scared that I flew out of the bed and LOCKED MYSELF IN THE BATHROOM. Turns out somebody had the wrong room, but my date spent a good hour trying to convince me to come out.

My sister and I, as JWs, never could have nice normal outings with guys.....there was always some crazy s--t happening. I HATED being a JW teen.

Edited by - razorMind on 1 July 2002 1:47:51

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

hey!! at least you got to go to the prom. our parents allowed us to have nothing do with our school other than attend there. no sporting events, no dances, no pep rallies, no senior party--NOTHING!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit